Chapter 3: The Truth About Trolls

On the day before Halloween, the castle looked even more breathtaking than usual. Decorations have been put up around, most of them bewitched to move, like enchanted bats and floating candles. With the ghosts roaming around with a great level of energy at this time of the year, Hogwarts also held a more eerie yet majestic vibe.

During the free period Jessica shared with Alista and Bethany, the three of them were relaxing in the Transfiguration Courtyard. While Alista and Bethany were gossiping about Marcus Flint's escapades, Jessica gave her input once in a while as she practiced various charms.

 While Alista and Bethany were gossiping about Marcus Flint's escapades, Jessica gave her input once in a while as she practiced various charms

"Are you sure it's true?" Bethany said in disbelief. "How can he possibly do that? He looks like a troll."

"It's partially true," Alista clarified. "I'm from his house, remember?"

"Accio."

"How does that make the rumor any more true?"

"Well... okay, I don't know. But nobody said he shagged exactly five girls and if they enjoyed it."

"Can we talk about someone less... gross?" Jessica cringed, catching the fallen flower she summoned. "Beth's right: he looks like a troll and couldn't possibly have done all that."

"Don't you mean: done all of them?"

"Ew!"

The girls laughed, playfully hitting Alista. Thankfully, they changed the topic, the image of Marcus Flint shagging five poor girls slowly fading away.

After constantly practicing the Summoning Charm, Jessica began on the Banishing Charm. With a flick of her wand, the flower zoomed away, but instead of landing on the patch of grass nearby, it lightly hit a small boy's face, giving him a face full of petals.

"Sorry!" Jessica exclaimed as the boy coughed out the flower, revealing his bespectacled face. She immediately recognized the Boy Who Lived. "Potter?"

"Uh, yeah," the boy in glasses replied.

"Are you okay?" Jessica stood up, walking a few steps to meet him.

"I'm fine."

"Sorry again. I'm Jessica Hawthorne, fourth-year Gryffindor."

"I'm —"

"Harry Potter," Alista finished with a smile from where she sat. "We know. I'm Alista Greene, Slytherin."

"And I'm Bethany Faye, Gryffindor," the last girl in their little trio said. "Nice to meet you."

"Where are you headed?" Jessica asked the young boy curiously. After all, he was in such a rush that he just popped out of nowhere, causing her to accidentally banish the flower right at his face. He's lucky it wasn't a more dangerous object.

"The Quidditch Pitch." Jessica narrowed her eyes. The Quidditch Pitch? Why would a first year be going there? Did it have something to do with what Alista and her saw the other day when he was with Professor McGonagall?