Chapter 20: Clarity

Harry was brought to Madam Pomfrey right after Lockhart, well, removed the bones from his arms. The remaining members of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team packed up as quickly as they could at the field, following their injured teammate to the hospital wing afterwards (although, they did make a quick stop at the kitchens where Fred and George requested the house elves for some food and drinks). When they got there, the boy was already surrounded by Ron and Hermione, as well as a few other Gryffindors like Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, and Neville Longbottom.

Madam Pomfrey was nowhere in sight when they arrived, so Hermione explained anxiously that matron was furious when she saw Harry and headed straight to the store room to retrieve some potions. While they waited, Jessica noticed Draco Malfoy also lying on one of the beds, groaning in pain — or, what was a futile attempt at sounding like he was in pain. It seemed highly exaggerated, and even the Slytherin boys standing next to him didn't look convinced.

 It seemed highly exaggerated, and even the Slytherin boys standing next to him didn't look convinced

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss! You can go," Madam Pomfrey waved him off as she reentered the hospital wing and made a beeline for Harry. "Out of my way, out of my way!"

The group crowding around Harry's bed parted to give way to the woman. She placed a bottle and glass on the bedside table.

"Should've been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat, but growing them back..."

"Oh, Merlin, Harry's going to have to drink Skele-Gro," Jessica muttered, already feeling disgusted in his place. She had read about it in one of her Potions books, and one of its main characteristics was that it tasted awful.

"You will be able to, won't you?" Hermione said worriedly to Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh, I'll be able to, certainly," she reassured. She poured the liquid from inside the bottle of Skele-Gro into the glass before handing it to Harry. "But it'll be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is a nasty business."

Harry downed the drink, only to spit it all out a millisecond later. Fred and George jumped away just in time to evade it.

"Well, what do you expect? Pumpkin juice?" Madam Pomfrey tutted, walking back to her office.

"Ugh!" was all Harry could say in response.

"Unbelievable flying, Harry," George said, lowering his voice. "I've just seen Marcus Flint ranting to his team about Malfoy. Something about having the Snitch on top of his head and not noticing."

In unison, they all discretely looked over their shoulders at the platinum blonde haired git, whose cover had been blown after Madam Pomfrey said he was completely fine. He was getting up from his bed and talking to Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, a scowl on his face as he did so.

"Never mind that for now. We've got to celebrate!" said Fred. He and his twin revealed the food and drinks they were hiding behind their robes and showed them off.