Chapter 14: Quidditch Shenaningans

"Oh, so that's what happened. Thank Merlin because the position I found you two in wasn't exactly... appropriate."

Jessica glared at her cousin for that comment. After she and Oliver got off the ground, she immediately explained to Charles that they had gotten startled by his sudden arrival by Floo and ended up tripping and falling on top of one another. Oliver was so embarrassed that it didn't fully process in his brain that the Charles Hawthorne, one of the Chasers of Puddlemere United — his all-time favorite Quidditch team — was standing in front him. It was only now that he was seated on the couch after that incident that it did, and it was taking all his willpower to not fanboy over him while Jessica was still clearing things up.

"So, this is Oliver Wood, huh?" Charles finally said, eyes turning away from his younger cousin and to the boy next to her. Oliver visibly perked up.

"You know who I am?"

"You're the one Jessica bought those Keeper gloves for, right?" Oliver nodded earnestly at his words. "She asked me for help to get them since they were a limited edition."

Oliver couldn't take it anymore. He stood up with a start, surprising both Jessica and Charles at his abrupt movements.

"I just want to say that it's a massive honor to meet you. I'm a big fan of Puddlemere United. I'm on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team — have been since my second year. And thanks for helping Hawthorne get those gloves — they're amazing to play with. I'm a Keeper, by the way. Oh, wait, you already knew that," he blabbed.

Jessica hid an entertained laugh behind her hand, watching as Oliver rambled on about his love for Charles, his team, and the sport in general.

"It's a pleasure to meet a fan, too," Charles happily said, sticking a hand out for Oliver to take. Of course, the Scottish boy took it at once and eagerly shook it.

"Who are you two talking to — oh, Charles?"

The adults must have heard the commotion in the living room because both Ian and Katherine left the kitchen to check on them.

"What are you doing here?" Ian asked his nephew.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot," said Charles. "Sorry for intruding. I didn't realize you had guests."

"Not to worry. We invited them last minute."

"Well, it's nothing serious, but dad's been asking for his tuxedo back," Charles said sheepishly. "He said you keep forgetting to owl it back to him and his company dinner is in a few days and, in his words, he can't just 'magic a new suit out of nowhere' like you can, so..."

"You still haven't sent it back?" Katherine scolded her husband.

"I forgot," he admitted with a nervous laugh, hurriedly fishing out his wand. He swished it once to summon the aforementioned tuxedo. A garment bag came zooming down the stairs a few moments later and straight into Ian's hands.

"Thanks, uncle," Charles said with a charming smile, taking the bag from his hands.

"All that trouble for a suit?" Jessica questioned as the adults retreated back into the kitchen and dining area. Wow, they still aren't done talking, she thought.

"You're just mad since I caught you two —" Charles began.

"Doing nothing," Jessica cut him off. "Shut up and go talk about Quidditch with Wood some more."

Oliver looked like a kid about to get a bag full of candy after Jessica suggested that Charles talk to him. He thought he would leave right after doing what he needed to do — getting his father's suit back — but if he was going to stay a bit longer to give him a chance to talk to him a little more, it would make him the happiest person alive.