Boss Baby

"So, you know what you're gonna do?" Mr. Stark asked for the hundredth time.

"Mr. Stark, it's not like there's anything different than the usual thing that I do in the lab." I replied.

"It's different now. You'll be working with people now." He said in some sort of disgust.

"Mr. Stark, they're your employees." I told him.

"Yeah, but people, socializing... there's a reason why I have a separate lab Kid. As I was saying, be good, since Pepper said hogging you in the lab is not good and you are now for some reason have to report to the intern lab is beyond me. You are already having the internship of a lifetime with working with me but no! Pepper said a true Stark internship has to be with socializing with people, who most of the time don't know what they're doing." Mr. Stark ranted at me.

"You don't know what you're doing most of the time. You usually do something then leave it, then work on another thing and the cycle goes on." I replied.

"That attitude is something I won't miss, that's for sure." He replied

"Aww! I'll miss you too Mr. Stark." I said with amusement.

"Oh just leave already!" He said as he pushed me out of his lab. I laughed at his reaction but I'm really excited. Working with Mr. Stark is already a dream come true but working as a real intern in the intern lab at Stark Tower is something I look forward too.

——

As I went down to the intern lab, I saw that everyone seems to be busy. I looked for someone who I can approach so I can finally start my first day here. I decided to approach someone who's just staring at a white board.

"Excuse me." I said when he didn't look at me I tried to appear in his field of vision. He was startled when he saw me.

"Hello! Good Morning! Can I ask who to talk too? It's my first day, my name is Peter Parker." I said. He stared at me for a few seconds.

"Your name is Peter Parker?" He whispered

"Yes—"

"You're Peter Parker? The Peter Parker!?" He shouted which startled me. The lab quieted down and everyone stared at me. They have been staring at me for a minute before I answered.

"Well, yes. I'm sorry for bothering you but is there someone I can talk to about my work here? Ms. Potts told me to report here. She was supposed to come with me but she had a last minute meeting. She wasn't able to tell me who to approach. I did message her but I can just wait for her reply. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you while you were working. I'm really sorry." I rambled still nervous as how everyone was just staring at me.

"You're Peter Parker? Tony Stark's personal intern? The Peter Parker? The boss baby!? You're so young!" He exclaimed at me in disbelief.

"Excuse me? Boss what?" I asked

"Boss Baby, Mini Boss, Boss Kid" he said

"What?" I asked again

"You're Tony Stark's kid." He said

"What? No! I'm his intern."

"No, you're his kid. You're the kid that Friday always announces. Thae one who Tony Stark always say whenever he talks using Friday's speaker."

"What are you saying?" I asked in confusion.

"If I may Peter, what Mr. Sanchez is trying to say is whenever you hide somewhere in the tower. Boss ask me to play a message in the whole tower. The message is 'Peter, for the love of— if you're not here in the next 5 minutes, you are grounded! You here me kid! Grounded young man!' Or sometimes 'Kid! You are not allowed to leave when you're homework is not done! I will tell Pepper! No, I will tell your Aunt! I swear Parker!" Friday said

"That was played all throughout the tower?!" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes, since you hacked me. I cannot detect you when you are not in my field of vision. Can this be added to your intern assignment? Brilliant as it may be, I cannot perform my duties if I cannot detect you. Mr. Stark said that it's either this or a far more strict Baby Monitor Protocol" she said

"He can't do that to me!" I whined

"He can, actually. As requested by your primary gaurdian, Mr. Stark has to monitor you 24/7 or your internship will be terminated." She replied

"Fine!"

"Thank you Peter, I assure you the protocol is for your safety. Please activate the protocol in the tower, compound, project SM and your watch."

"See! You're his kid" Mr. Sanchez said. That's when I realized that everyone is still staring and listening to me.

"His intern! I'm his intern. Please, I really just want to start working." I almost beg them.

"I don't know what to tell you. Sir Bryan!" He shouted. Someone approach us.

"Hello Mr. Parker, I'm Bryan O'Grady the head of this department. Jacob here is the head intern. We are not really sure what work you do with Mr. Stark. However, Miss Potts did tell me that your work is as of a supervisor. Your duty is to make sure all projects are working and up to schedule. You have to check the project reports of each intern and Miss Potts mention that if there's any difficulty in a project, we may consult it with you, as you are aware about the ideas and drafts that Mr. Stark sends down here." He told me.

"I can do that. I'm sorry about Mr. Stark, he usually have sleep deprive and running on coffee ideas. I can look into it before you distribute it to the others. Sometimes he write down wrong formulas so maybe I can help with those too." I suggested.

"Speaking of formulas...what does this mean?" Mr. Sanchez asked while pointing at the whiteboard the he was staring at awhile ago. When I look at it, I already know what it was.

"Oh, for the new Stark fast charger. Can I borrow a marker? Thank you. So first, this should be 2.096 not 2.96. You forgot to put the -5 here. Then the summation of this one and lastly we have to ratio this to get the final answer." I said as I rapidly wrote the answer of the formula which took me maybe 3 minutes to write.

"And done!" I said as I finished writing the answer. As I looked around I saw then staring wide-eyed at me.

"Months, we're stuck with that for months and you did it in only what? less than 5 minutes!" Mr. Bryan said in disbelief.

"You're a genius too! You are his kid! You are Boss baby!" Mr. Sanchez exclaimed

"Please, stop calling me after a cartoon character." I whispered