Run!

"So, what now?"

"You know Mr. Stark you really don't have to do this, I could just go on patrol. That was the original reason why I have this internship." I told him.

"Let's wait for Happy, he's getting the frame. Friday already developed the pictures." Mr. Stark replied.

"Can I get the one where I made the silly pose?" I asked.

"Friday, printed out extra copies for you, here it is. Make sure you show your aunt the professional looking one." He handed me an envelope.

Then we became quiet for a moment. Which was making me really really awkward.

"Do you want a real internship here?" Mr. Stark asked me.

"Before we met I was planning to apply when I'm in college. You don't actually offer internship for high school students, so I don't think this internship will be quiet believable."

"Well, I can make it more official, I'll ask Pepper for all the legal paperworks and such. We'll have your aunt sign those. Then you're all set."

"Nah, I really want to go to the process of the application. I don't want to get the internship because of Spider-Man or because I know you.  Thank you for the offer though. I really appreciate it."

"You have a smart aunt, she'll catch on. Follow me." Mr. Stark said as he walked toward the elevator.

"Friday take us to the Grants and Special Programs Department. Tell Happy to put one of the frames in my office and hold on to the other one. He can give it to Peter when he takes him home later." He said once we're inside the elevator.

"What? Why are we going there? Happy doesn't have to take me home. I could just swing, Mr. Stark." He didn't answer my questions and I just followed him wherever he was going.

Not gonna lie it was funny to see how everyone scrambled in every direction when they saw Mr. Stark. The faces of the people inside the Grants and Special Programs Department once the doors opened was the best.

"Where can I get the application form for the Internship?" Mr. Stark asked no one in particular. The head of the Department as I assume because he got out of his office and hurriedly went to one of the desk to get some papers went to hand it Mr. Stark.

"Good day Mr. Stark! We didn't know you were coming here. My apologies for the state of our department. We are doing—" the man stuttered but Mr. Stark cut him off.

"Kid get the papers." Mr. Stark as he put his hand in his pockets. Oh yeah, I remember Happy telling me that Mr. Stark and his thing with people handing him stuff.

I took the papers and looked at Mr. Stark. We had a staring competition before he replied.

"Well, go on, fill the form with whatever it's asking." He said

"What? No, I told you, Stark Industries only offer internship to college students! I'm still in high school."

"Well, I'm the boss here and you're applying."

"Technically, Miss Potts is the boss."

"Fill the damn form Kid."

"Okay okay. Can I borrow a pen? Thank you."

"What else does the kid needs to do?" Mr. Stark ask the man as I write down my detail in the application form.

"Well, he needs to pass the qualifications for the application then he have to take a test. After that we have to look for a department that is suitable for him—"

"What are the qualifications to be accepted in the application stage?"

"Mr. Stark, when I said I wanted to go thru the application process, this is not what I meant." I try to reason out with him.

"Shh, I'm trying to get you approved."

"Mr. Stark you can't negotiate my application! It wouldn't be fair!"

"I'm only helping in this stage, on the test, you're on your own kid but I trust that you'll nail it specially after making that tinsel strength shit you made. Are you done? Give me that, check the kids application. Friday, pull out the Kid's school records. Where's the test?"

"You know, I shouldn't be stressed like this at this age." Now I know the reason why it's better that Mr. Stark works alone in his lab. This is just chaotic.

"Answer this" Mr. Stark said pointing at the paper that the man is holding.

"Mr. Stark, let's just go. I think we caused enough trouble. I'm sorry, Sir. We'll take our leave."

"No! No! I want to see how smart you are. Take the test. Trust me kid if you think this is causing trouble, you should see what I'm about to do when you refuse to take that test." Mr. Stark said.

So I did, I answered the test because I don't think I can handle Mr. Stark throwing a tantrum. Yeah, I can't handle that. Mr. Stark asked Friday to scan and check my test paper.

"If I fail, it's your fault."

"Excuse me?"

"I wasn't ready! You know I had it all planned out, apply when I finish my college thesis which I plan to take on early. Also me and Ned already agreed to the schedule of our review sessions for the Stark Internship, we were already done with Dr. Banner's book. We suspect that you're gonna put some of Dr. Banner's work which is a good thing because at the last part there are at least two, so those late nights of studying paid off, also why would the test have—"

"Boss, Mr. Parker's answer sheet received a 100% mark in the Internship test. Congratulations."

"How? Let me see his paper." Mr. Stark demanded. As he went to one of the computers.

"I passed?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes, congratulations Peter." Friday confirmed.

"Oh my gosh, thank you! Mr. Stark I passed!" I jumped excitedly towards Mr. Stark.

"No one was supposed to get a 100% mark. One should at most get a 80% mark." Mr. Stark said in disbelief.

"I don't know what to say." Everyone in the department seems to be quiet as well.

"Friday zoom his computation in number 45."

"Activating Old Man Bifocals Protocol: Feature 3 - GrandPa Eyeglasses."

"Excuse me, what did you just say?" Mr. Stark in disbelief.

"Activating Old Age Have Made Me Deaf Protocol. I said Activating Old Man Bifocals Protocol: Feature 3 a GrandPa Eyeglasses, Boss." Once Friday said those words I slowly back away, silently, towards the door.

"Friday, who created those protocols?" Mr. Stark asked. I looked at one of the security cameras almost begging and even though Friday is an AI, I'm hoping that Friday have some conscience.

"Peter, Boss." Friday replied. Well, shit. Mr. Stark looked at me and straightened his back.

"How?" Mr. Stark asked still looking at me.

"Peter, accidentally got in to my codes using a Stark Issued Laptop while doing his homework for his coding elective class. I believe Peter have coded and edited some protocols, though I cannot see which and what because Peter have included a protective firewalls in the Protocols." Friday said.

"Peter Benjamin Parker" Mr. Stark threateningly said to me.

"Activating You Have Angered the Elder Protocol. RUN PETER! RUN!" Friday shouted. I bolted out of there. Hearing Mr. Stark close behind shouting profanities at me.

"Peter, Happy is waiting at the garage level 3 ." Friday quietly said in one of the speakers.

I hurriedly enter the elevator which I am very thankful for because even before Mr. Stark can  turn towards this direction the elevator door already closed shut.

"Friday, please don't tell Mr. Stark where I am!" I said.

"As a congratulatory gift for receiving a 100% mark in the Stark Industries Internship Test, I will not tell Boss your whereabouts until you have safely arrived at your apartment complex, Peter."