Verse: Intro

The pen hits the paper, and words appear as my hand moves, beginning to write.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunlight brimmed and bathed the world outside the windows, so much that some managed to peek through the glass, spilling inside as the day went into its golden hour.

You feel your feet skip through the streets-- towards the familiar office where your fiance worked. It was your anniversary, and with every green light, every street, every step of the sidewalk beneath your feet, the warm feeling in your heart unfurls more.

No more one word replies, no more lonely empty nights. He promised to spend time with you today.

Light on your feet, you reach the building, where you quickly traverse up the familiar flight of stairs to his office.

"Woozi--" You exclaim, bursting in as you are greeted by scattered papers and disarray pens. The recording studio was the same as always, as you see a certain male hunched over the desk, immersed as he focuses on the computers.

"...?"

You were about to say his name again, only to freeze as he turned around. Locking eyes, his expression held a certain gaze, different from the one he usually looks at you with.

"Who... are you?"

Yet your senses were slower, your body pacing without you, as if someone had draped a muffled blanket over your mind— and it took a few more moments before you feel your common sense screaming at you in warning.

"You don't... recognise me?" Your voice trails, and suddenly black begins to stain the walls, wrapping themselves around your ankles. Drawing a sharp breath, you watch in horror as everything around you begins to get swallowed by nothing, the papers, the action figures, the narwhal plush on the desk, and even Woozi himself.

Your arms branch out, only to grab onto nothingness as the inky black surroundings engulf you whole, consuming your senses as the office environment disappears.

...

"Is this really the life you want?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -