Verse: 2

"Our future that has gone awry,
If I could go back in time,
Calling you with a voice that is more warm than rough,
Would I be able to let you go?"

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Adrenaline rushed through your ears, the blaring anxiety still pulsing in your blood making it hard for you to focus. Still you moved, unable to stop as you craved to reach your answer already. You didn't know how to explain it, the feeling, the deep-rooted fear.

Usually, he'd still be working at his office right now.

Although some things have changed, there are also some things that haven't, and you prayed-- prayed with every star in the sky that Woozi was still working in that same building, head buried in his music papers until you visited him at dawn, collapsed and sleeping on the table.

You were too scared, yet too impatient, your legs exerting physical effort they haven't been accustomed to for years now.

But by the time you reach the address, all you could do was stand there, feet apace and lungs begging for air.

The building wasn't there.

Disappointment came in quiet and low, while a flower freezes inside you for a perfect second. It pauses, before shrivelling as it's petals wilt. Relentless waves of emotion became a sea inside your lungs, and you couldn't even cry.

The red yellow green of the changing road signs flicker like ghost lights in the background as you continue to catch your breath, preparing yourself to walk back until--

"Who are you?"

It was a voice, slightly squeaky, yet as smooth as water flowing over rocks, Slightly blunt, but always so, so very gentle. It was scary how familiar it sounded, and you were too scared to face towards it.

Yet, you knew you had to. So very apprehensively, you do a 180; and even though on the inside you knew what was there, everything still hits you like a truck.

Your old fiance stood there, looking the exact same as you remembered him, tousled hair, dark locks, and slender eyes that would always gaze at you so gently, despite being imprinted with purple crescents underneath.

The only difference was that he was wearing an apron, as a chain of keys hung loosely in his hands. He seemed a bit taken aback by your presence too, which was to be expected given your attire. "May I... Help you?"

Too many questions were running inside your head, and your lips were quivering as you tried to talk. However before you could, the male spoke again.

"If you're... here for flowers, I'm sorry, we've closed a few hours ago."

You feel your breath hitch again.

"Flowers...?"

Suddenly, everything seems too big, too everywhere. It slides into place, then.

...

"Yeah, I'm the owner of this shop. I'm assuming you want to place an order, that's all anybody visits me fo--"

Woozi begins to talk, yet stops mid sentence when he sees your face clearly as a streetlight flicks on above you two.

"Hey, haven't we met before?"

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -