Verse: 4

"Although I don't want to see you, I want to see you,
Although I hate you, I miss you,
I found that even I couldn't understand myself."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"..."

"Is that it? Is that all you're going to say?"

"What else am I supposed to say? I'm working hard because I don't want to rely on you-- I want to prove to people I can do this. And to you I can do this."

"... And for other people's validation, you decide it's okay to neglect me?"

"You know that's not what I meant."

"But it's what your actions are showing."

"Can you stop twisting your ways of describing my actions?"

"Then how else am I supposed to describe it!?"

"I can't focus on a career with you nagging me all the time!"

"... So I'm just weighing you down?"

"And what if you are!?"

"..."

"Ngh... No, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry--"

"Ironically, I'm starting to believe you stopped caring... the day I said yes to you."

"Hey, I--"

"You can take this. I'm going to let you rethink everything. If you still think asking me was a good choice, then I'll be ready to say yes when you propose again. But for now, it seems like I'm just a nuisance."

"Listen--"

"I'm busy. Can we have this discussion later?"

"Wh--"

"Weren't those the words you've always told me?"

The door to Woozi's office opens, and you step out of it, not looking back; not at him, or the ring that you just left. It's iridescent rays shine in isolation on the table, instead of where it once belonged on your finger.

And you, who was walking down the hallways now, had a blank expression on your face. That was, until you reached the stairs, where you knew you wouldn't bump into anyone.

It was only then when you began to cry, tears spilling as your eyes rimmed red. You still loved him-- so much that the awareness comes instantly as your brain comprehends what you've done.

It takes a while for you to untangle your thoughts, everything in you hanging heavy. It still stings whenever you reflect on your happy memories with him, only a reminder of how much it actually hurts.

You loved him-- you really do. But you can't devote yourself to someone who can't decide if they have time for you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did I do okay on the angst >.>