5. Pregnancy is Hell

Whoever said that is the best experience of their fucking life is lying. Do not believe a word that will come out of that lying bitch's mouth. Sure there is some good moments but a woman has to suffer through so much crap. I'm so glad I am a fucking man.

We are in the last month of Tammy's pregnancy and I am exhausted. I'm not even the one carrying our daughter. Knowing I'm going to have a baby girl soon brings my anxiety up.

"Is she going to pop soon?"

I smack Benny on the back of the head. Good thing I waited until he put the box down. He's been helping me move stuff in to my new place. I'm trying to get the baby's room set up. Tammy's parents weren't thrilled she was pregnant. I honestly think I'm their number one enemy now, but what's done is done.

About three months ago Tammy broke up with me, but then begged me for us to get back together. Her words exactly is I've become distant with her. Although if anything I have been more attentive. I don't know if it's the pregnancy but she has changed.

"Is queen bitch going to be here soon?"

I glare at Benny. It was funny that he was her number one supporter now he's not.

"She's not bad."

"Bry, she's fucking Medusa. You look into her eyes long enough, she'll turn you to stone."

I chuckle as I finish putting the crib together. "I wouldn't go that far."

"I'm just saying, I think she had us fooled from the very beginning."

She's not the only one fooling people.

I shake that thought out of my head. I haven't thought about that in so long. Maybe it was a phase, I don't know. I might never know because I don't allow myself to think about it...much.

"I don't know. All I care about is my daughter."

"Really that's all you care about?"

Benny and I jump at the sound of her voice.

"Shit! Tammy I thought I was picking you up."

"Well plans change." She glares at us.

What the fuck happened to her to act this way?

"We need to talk...alone."

Benny gets up and wipes his hands on his pants. "I'll just go grab some more boxes."

"Thanks man."

As he walks out he crosses his eyes and makes gestures of her being crazy. I do my damndest to not laugh.

"I need you to sign these."

She hands me some papers and I look at her confused.

"What the hell is this? I'm not signing my rights away. She's my daughter too."

Tammy rolls her eyes. God she is not who I thought she was. "Just sign the papers and she will be yours."

"What?!" I shout, shocked that she would do this.

"I changed my mind I don't want this child anymore."

"What the fuck happened to you?"

"You happened!" She yells. I stumble back. "I thought you would become something or someone because I'm a fucking idiot. I'm not going to struggle the rest of my life because of you."

She's the mother of your child. Do not lose your shit.

"Was this all a fucking act from the very beginning?" I move towards her and she steps back.

"N-no!" She stutters and now I know something is going on.

"What the fuck is going on then?" My hands begin to shake because I'm beyond frustrated. I'm fucking livid.

"I c-can't keep her." Tears fall from her eyes.

"Why?"

"My parents will cut me off and I need my inheritance."

I run my hands through my hair. "Wow, really. So let me get this straight. You are willing to give up our daughter for money."

"I have nothing else!" She yells and I grab the paperwork look it over real quick and sign it.

"You are definitely not the person I thought you were."

"I'm not the only one." She counters back.

"What the fuck does that mean? I would never get rid of our daughter for fucking money!" I throw the papers at her.

"You didn't even ow!" She hunches over.

I'm at her side in a second. As pissed off I am at her, now I'm worried about our daughter.

"Are you okay?" I go to reach for her but she slaps my hand away. "Do I look fucking okay? Ow!"

Benny walks in with another box.

"You know I can hear you two down the hall."

Just then her water breaks and Benny jumps back. "What the fuck was that?"

"She's in labor dumbass! Get the car ready."

Benny runs out of my apartment and I help Tammy to his car.

"I'm sorry Bryan."

"Yeah so am I"

I get her down to the car and help her in. Once we are all in Benny takes off.

"Slow down Benny. I would like to make it there in one piece."

"Tell her to stop screaming like a fucking banshee then. Oh my god I am never having kids if this is what it's like."

"I'm in labor you fucking idiot!"

"Like I said Medusa." He makes the hissing noises like a snake.

"Did he just...ahhh fuuuuuck!"

"Do not have the fucking kid in my car!"

"Benny watch the road!"

"Shit!" He swerves barely miss hitting someone.

Eventually we make it to the hospital in one piece. They rush Tammy in and I go in with her while Benny waits in the waiting room.

It took ten hours and lots of screaming, cursing, the best was when she thought biting my hand was best. I think I will be scarred for life. But it was all worth it when I got to hold my daughter in my arms. I asked Tammy if she wanted to hold her but she refused.

Then the kicker was when her parents showed up and kicked me out of her room. The doctor told me that we would have to stay overnight and can be released tomorrow. So that means I will be in the waiting room all night until they discharge her.

"So she wants nothing to do with the baby now."

I nod my head as I stare at my daughter in the nursery.

"Yeah and I thought I was fucked up."

"So what's my niece's name?"

I smile at my best friend and am thankful that I have him here.

"Talia Phillips"

"No middle name?"

"No, what's the use of a middle name? So it gets forgotten after you say it the first time."

"You got a point. She is beautiful though."

"Yeah she is. I can't believe I'm a dad."

"You'll be just fine, plus you got me and my parents."

"Thank God because I might not be that good at this."

"We'll help you along the way."

"No matter what no one will ever hurt my daughter, not even her own mother."