31. Forgive Me

M I K E / G R A Y S O N

"I told you that I do not like keeping shit from him."

"It's for the best. Do you really want to him to be stuck in this situation forever?"

"Fuck no! This life isn't for him." He is so much better than this. Not so sure about myself every time I step back into that damn place.

"It's not for you either, son." I'm not your son! "Look I might have been harsh on you, but I didn't know who you turned out to be." I'm the same person deep down inside. Bryan sees it. Why can't anyone else?! "Just do what I say. Whenever Romano is away from the office you let me know. I will get the cameras to go on a loop and get whatever fucking information you can to bring the cunt down!"

Easier said than done. Somehow that fucker Romano tied me to his cousin's murder, so I either go down for it or be indebted to him forever. News hit the air two weeks ago about his body being discovered and I'm the prime suspect. Luckily Bryan has no clue about it. I hate keeping it from him, but he has enough going on.

"I pulled in a lot of favors to get you to a secure location so that we can discuss your future."

"George, cut the bullshit!" Rubbing my hands over my face. I am so damn tired, if it wasn't for Bryan and that sweet little girl, I honestly would not fucking care what happens to me. "I will have to serve time, for a whole bunch of shit because of that dickbag." The thought of losing Bryan after just getting him back fucking kills me!

"I'm not letting that happen." The determination in his eyes surprises me.

"Why?"

"Because of Bryan. That man is like a son to me. I would fucking do anything for him and if he lost you again." Shaking his head you can tell that he is tired as well. "He won't survive. It nearly killed him the first time."

"He's right, you know." That voice I know it. My head snaps up and glare at the fucker.

"You got to be fucking kidding me! What the fuck is he doing here?"

"Agent Harrison. Harrison Mitchell." 

"You, lying piece of shit!" Getting up I hit him right in the jaw. "You fucking lied to him! After everything he went through. He was falling..." The look on Mitch's face falls. He knows damn well what I was going to say. "You fucking knew I was alive the whole fucking time. What a piece of shit you are!"

"I did not know. We recently discovered who you are when Romano sent the message to Bryan threatening Zoe." I am ready to strangle him with my bare hands. "Romano wanted to make sure you were presumed dead to everyone around you. So, we have a deal for you." I don't fucking trust you! "You help us take him down. Then you get your freedom, free and clear of any charges brought up against you."

"What's the catch?"

"You get to be with Bryan. The life you should have had." George gives me a look and I hate the pity in his eyes. "You just can't tell him about it."

"Now, I have to fucking lie to him!" Pacing the room like an animal in a cage. I might as well be, because this is fucking crazy. "Absolutely not! I will not lie to him."

"If it means saving his life." Fuck you! That's not fair.

"I'd do anything for him. You know that, George."

"Then it's settled." Do not talk to me douchbag. I will hit you again and smile while doing it!

"How could you fucking pretend with him?" I have to know.

"I didn't. I fell for him. I didn't mean to, but I did, but this is bigger than what I feel for him. We have been after Romano for years. Not once has he got his hands dirty."

"No because he uses his pawns to do it. I have to go Bryan's fight is tonight."

"You know what to do."

"Yes, use the burner phone to send you a message once I can get access to his office. Grab whatever the fuck I can and get out."

"Okay, if you need anything call me."

Highly, unlikely.

"Knowing Romano, he is going to make Bryan do something that will kill him." That's what worries me the most. "Take these if we can inject them into the victims' bodies once they are knocked out from a fight. We might have a chance to get them to turn on Romano."

Snatching from his hand before I punch him in the face.

"I fucking hate you! Bryan definitely deserves better than you." Better than me too.

"I know."

That's the last thing I heard as I walked out of the run-down warehouse hopped on my bike and headed back home to where Bryan was. It's our last day together before a string of fights and it kills me, I have been keeping secrets from him. 

I don't want to lose him after I just got him back, but I am afraid I might after everything that will go down. 

"Where did you go?" His smile gets to me every time. 

"Had to do something for Romano." Sorry I'm lying to you. If you knew what was going on you would stop me. "Don't worry nothing bad."

Leaning down I kiss his lips. He is intoxicating always has been and always will be. 

"I love you." It's true if everything else is a lie or a secret this is the one thing that is completely true. "Always remember that." From the moment I met you, you captivated me.

"I love you, Michael Grayson Miller." Fuck! Do not cry! Pulling his body tight to mine. I will myself not to shake uncontrollably, inhaling his scent to calm me down.  I'd do anything for you even if it tears us apart. "Everything alright?"

No, nothing is alright except for us, right here. Right now.

"Everything will be." Kissing his lips before he asks more questions that I cannot answer at the moment. "I just need your sweet kisses to cheer me up."

"You are so corny." His smile makes me want to smile. So, I do. 

I smile so he doesn't know the secrets I'm keeping from him. He will be devastated when he learns the truth.

"Corny for you."

His laugh is beautiful, and I just have to memorize the sound just in case I never hear it again.

Please forgive me.