17. One Last Time

"I can't believe this is happening!"

I don't know who is worse, me or Benny right now. We are standing in front of the school that my baby girl is going to. It's her first day at school and we all are standing here like crazy people.

"Daddy, can I go in now?"

I pick her up and hug her tight, as my eyes glisten. I will not cry in front of her.

"Sure sweetheart." I put her down as I grab her hand. "Say goodbye to everyone." Zoe gets pried out of my hands as Suzy sweeps in for a hug, then Hal and by the time Benny gets to her, he is bawling.

"Uncle Benny Boo. I'll see you soon "

That girl right there is so precious.

"I know." He wipes his eyes as he steps back. "I better go. I have class soon too." With that he turns around and walks towards his car.

"We'll see you soon buttercup." Suzy kisses her head on the verge of tears. You would think my girl was going off to college. "Nana is so proud of you. Don't take any nonsense from anyone. Ya hear."

"No ma'am. Bye Nana."

"I'll see you guys later." I grab Zoe's hand and walk her into school. Once we get to her class she stops me and gives me a hug.

"Bye daddy." I hug her to me again and kiss her head. "You need anything you tell them to call me." She nods her adorable head with her curls bouncing around. "I will. Love you daddy."

"Love you too."

I watch her walk in her class with her head held high. Kids gather around her and I see them giggle.

"She'll be okay Bry."

I turn to see Amber in front of me. "Shit I forgot you're a teacher." She laughs as she pats my shoulder and leans into me and whispers in my ear. "And a freak at night when it comes to you, Tiffany and Mitch." Damn it. Do not get a boner right now.

She laughs as I step away and look at my daughter one last time. "I promise she will be fine."

"I know."

Zoe looks at me and waves. I smile and wave back before I walk away.

"See you later Mr. Phillips."

Amber stands in the doorway smiling at me. You bet that sweet ass you will. She knows it as well as she licks her lips.

"Bye Miss Jones."

With that I walk off and know where I am headed. I drive straight to the gym to blow off steam. Luckily I took the day off because I would be so distracted.

My mind goes back to the conversation with Gloria and I shake my head. It was all bullshit. Some ploy to get inside my head, because nothing has happened and it's been almost a year.

I run faster on the treadmill, sweat pouring down my face. I hate the fact that I am letting her get to me. This always happens and I get sucked right back in to their fucked up world.

"Easy there tiger." I slow my pace as I look at Mitch and he has a concern look on his face. "C'mon let's talk." He slows down the machine until it comes to a complete stop. He hands me a hand towel and I wipe my face.

"Thanks."

I walk with him to his office the moment the door is shut my lips are on his. I don't want to talk, I just want to forget... everything.

My hands roam under his muscle shirt, but he pulls back. "I meant to talk." He breathes out slowly.

"I don't want to talk."