24. It Will Be Worth It

G R A Y S O N

One damn day with him and he softens my hard exterior. I didn't understand why I was so rough around the edges, but now I know. I remember every little damn detail of what went down, and a part of me wishes I didn't. I wish that my brother was still alive, but that rat bastard, Romano has playing me a fool. Doing his bidding and the things that I have done. I shake my head because what if Bryan finds out and is repulsed by me. I loved him so damn much then and to me just getting the memories back, it's like it was yesterday.

"Gray."

I'm pulled out of my thoughts and clench my hands into fists because I want him to be able to call me Mike, but he can't not yet anyways. I move towards him and pull him into a hug, inhaling his scent. He still smells the same and I smile into the crook of his neck, and I feel him shiver.

"I'm nervous."

I voice out some of the truths of things that have me worried. I will not unburden everything on him, Bry doesn't need all that weight on his shoulders. That will be my job to worry about now. I meant what I said he is mine; I am not letting him go. I am not stupid and going to pretend that something was not going on with and the muscle meathead. I saw the look on both of their faces even if Bry wants to deny it or not recognize it.

"Everything will be fine."

He goes to head towards the door, but I grab his hand and pull him back to me. I cup his face with my hands and kiss him again. How the hell could I forget how good he felt against me. His plump lips move in perfect sync with mine, we were made for each other. When we pull apart our breathing is ragged but still, I can't help the smile on my face.

"Let's go, but just remember if I act indifferent until we get there."

"I understand, Gray." he scrunches his nose at saying that and I bring his hand up to my lips and kiss his knuckles. "It won't be easy for either of us Bry." I sigh as I let go of his hand even though I just want it back in mine and walk out. Bry follows me as we head out of the gym. It was my dream that one day I would run it like my dad did, but that is not what I want anymore. I put the mask up and have harden my features as we step out into the busy streets. I look around to make sure I do not see any of Romano's men and walk over to my truck.

Once we are both inside, I start the engine and I take off. After looking to make sure no one is following us I grab his hand and hold it tight. If it bothers him, he does not say anything.

"Just to warn you that they are going to freak the fuck out knowing you are alive." Bry says after some silence on the drive. He gives me directions and I follow without any questions. He uses his free hand to type something on his phone and I wonder if he is texting him. I shake the unwanted thoughts from my head.

"I know, it is going to be a shock that is for sure." My voice is devoid of any emotion as jealousy wracks my brain over who he is texting. He looks at me and quirks a brow at me, but I do not say anything. "Wow, you really are acting the part right now." He huffs out and I let my guard down a little. "I was texting George to let him know that there would be someone bringing me to his place. The damn place is like Fort Knox." He chuckles and I can't help but smile a little and feel relieved it wasn't what I thought.

"We're almost there, take a right at the next light then about two blocks you will not see it well. There is a dirt road that looks like it leads to nowhere and you need to turn down there."

I follow his directions and he is right when he says it looks like it would be a dead end, but we turn down an uneven dirt road off of that one. The drive is another five minutes until I see it and Bry was not kidding. The place is well hidden if I was not looking for it, I would not have seen it. Trees surround the brick wall which is covered in vines. He has me take a left and when I drive around the place the only entrance is in the back. "Let the fun begin." He chuckles as I stop my truck and put it in park. Once we are out of the truck Bry leads me to a gate that is covered in vines as well until he stops in front of a box and bends down a little and see that it is scanning his eye before the gates open.