30. He lied

B R Y A N

"You, got this." You keep telling me that, I just might believe you. "You have a strong uppercut, use that to your advantage. Rodrigo likes to fight dirty, so do let your guard down for one moment."

"Hands up, block my face, feet steady." Breathe. Easier said than done when the fights get more intense every single time. My body still hasn't completely healed from the last one.

"Whatever you do, do not let Romano see any type of emotion. He will use it as your weakness."

"Did I hear my name?" Fuck! My lover steps away from me and his face is hard as stone. "Grayson, are you going soft on me." I would love to snap your neck, asshole!

"Yeah, fucking right!" The menacing look he gives Romano and then turns that glare on me leaves chills down my spine. This is not the man I love right now, he someone completely different. "I'm just holding up my end of the bargain and you better make good on your word."

"I never break my word. When say something, I do it. Now leave us, I need to talk to the man of the hour by myself." Don't leave me alone with this psycho! He hesitates for a moment, grunts and walks past us without looking back. "Oh, you might need to let off some steam. There are a few young ladies willing to accommodate."

"Don't need to."

"I insist." He glares at Gray's back. If I see women hang all over him, I might lose my shit. Then again that might be something Romano wants. Does he know about us? He can't we have been so careful. The door slams and jolts me out of my thoughts. "He needs to loosen up."

"Not my business." Do not show emotion.

"Is that so?" Do not look at me like I'm some fucking lad rat you are studying!

"What did you want to talk about?"

I used to enjoy silence it calmed me but right now it puts me on edge. I will not crack. It's what he wants me to do.

"Right." Quietly I send a prayer for not screwing up so far. "So, there is a lot of high rollers, and since you are the new kid." Fuck you, like I had a damn choice to be here or not! "The odds are against you. So, you better not lose. Make him think he is going to win and then take him out."

"You mean, knock him out."

"No, I meant you are going to take him out. Do I need to remind you what is at stake?"

"No."

"Good boy." Pat my head again and I'll break your fucking wrist. Who the hell am I? This is not me! "I better get your trainer back in here. You're up in fifteen minutes." Go fuck yourself!

The fucker laughs as he walks out the door like he knew what I was thinking. 

"How am I going to do this?"

"By any means necessary." Jumping out of my skin because I did not hear him come back in.

"He wants me to take him out." When he comes closer, I scrunch up my nose. "Is that fucking perfume I smell." Oh, fuck no!

"Not now." Fuck you! I go to say something, but he slams me into the wall with his hand around my throat. "If you think for a second that I would let some bitch have me." He whispers in my ear and tightens his grip around my throat. I should be scared but I'm not. "Then you don't know me at all."  Maybe I don't and that scares me even more. "I only want you, but I can't show that here now can I. When the time comes, I will tell you to do something. Can you do it for me? No questions asked, no hesitation." Nodding my head the best I can. "I love you, Bry." It's barely a whisper but I hear it.