"I dare you."

"So that's it?" You ask bitterly as you dry your hair with a soft towel.

"Like you said." Bucky wraps his own towel around his waist. "You wanted me to teach you, I'm teaching."

You nod your head. You know he's right. It's not an actual relationship what you two have. You're so opposite to each other, and frankly you aren't looking for a boyfriend. This whole thing started because you wanted a distraction, a way to relax, and Bucky serves his purpose perfectly.

He hands you a larger towel so you can wrap your body in it, suddenly very conscious of yourself.
He rubs his thumb on your head injury, making sure the clear stitches are still in place.

"No one needs to know and nothing changes." The blue eyes search all over your face, as if looking for resistance.
"Good game, coach." You retort, to which Bucky smirks.

You walk out of the bathroom and watch him close his wardrobe doors and pick up the few pieces of clothing that flew out from your ecstasy.

"Not that I don't love that look on you, doll, but we should probably get dressed for the party." Bucky snarks, since you don't make any effort to actually get ready.

It dawns on you something you should've realised sooner: you didn't bring any clothes to change to.

"Uh, Bucky?"
"Hm?"
"I don't have my clothes here."

Bucky turns to look at you grinning like an actual child. "The amount of dirty thoughts you're giving me right now..."

You pick up a pillow mentally and fling it at him, the soldier simply catching it before it even comes close to his face. He laughs mockingly at you, but picks up a pair of shorts and a T-shirt for you.

"I should make you walk back naked for that, but I don't want anyone else to see your godly body." Bucky teases you, as you pull the shorts up to your waist and grab your shoes in your hand.

"Only the next guy." You snap back. He doesn't reply, simply staring at you through emotionless eyes.

You leave his room and sprint down to yours as fast you can, your heart racing with every step. When you close your bedroom door behind you, you feel giddy, like a teenager sneaking out.

You rush to get ready when you notice the time. It didn't seem like you spent that much time with Bucky, but then again, time flies when you're having fun.

You leave your hair natural, soft waves falling on your back, and make two small braids with the front pieces, pulling them back with a few loose strands frame your face.
The time's running out so you do a simple makeup with shimmery gold eyeshadow and a nude lip. You flick your fingers through the air, the wardrobe doors opening and the clothes slide effortlessly.

You end up choosing a skin-tight red dress, off the shoulder and knee length. You hesitate in front of the mirror for a second, suddenly wondering if your overdressed. But by now you should know that every Stark party is a black tie event.

You pick out a pair of small gold hoops to go with your sparkly gold heels. Eyeing them, you think to yourself they won't last very long in your feet, but they're just too pretty to pass out on.

With your phone in hand, you walk down to the living room, finding it decorated with fairy lights and white flower arrangements all over.
There's already multiple people mingling, the caterers distributing food and drinks. Everyone seems to be in a good mood. Uou spot Peter and Tony chatting happily in a corner, with Pepper and Morgan sitting close by.

Your stomach growls quietly and you can't tell if it's hunger or nerves. Social situations could be hard when you didn't understand most references. You were getting better at it, with Peter's tremendous efforts to make you watch every movie and TV show he could think of.