"We're okay."

TW: guns and violence in this chapter
-----------------------------------------------------

The alleged base for the Flag Smashers is an ugly concrete factory in the middle of the beautiful green mountains. It sits on a precipice, making you wonder who thought this would be a good idea for a factory.
The red hand with an Earth is painted at the door is visible from the distance your trio keeps. It's quiet, way too quiet.

"This doesn't seem right." Bucky voices your thoughts. You and Sam nod your heads in agreement. The cold air from the mountains makes you shiver. "There's no movement. This is too easy."

"FRIDAY, can you see anyone inside the building?" You ask out loud.
"I detect four heat signatures inside." She answers back after a second.
"Four people." You inform the soldiers.

You all press your earpieces in, gearing up to go. You take your hand gun from the thigh holster and Bucky picks up his riffle.

"You go left, I go right?" You smile at him, pushing down on your nerves.
"And I go up." Sam jokes before taking flight.

Bucky leans to give you a kiss in the forehead. "Be safe."
"I'll see you in a minute, Sargent." You wink at him before leaving.

The smooth new suit hugs into you, perfectly comfortable. And yet, your skin feels rough under it. The familiar feeling of unease settling into your stomach. You breathe slowly as you walk around the house, meticulously quiet.

"There's movement in the back." Sam warns in your ear. "Do not engage."

His sentenced isn't even finished when you catch a glimpse of a man around the corner. He's tall with a shaved head and lunches forward to you in a jump. You fall flat on your back under his weight.

He grabs your wrist firmly, hitting it on the ground and sending your gun sliding. You place a hand in his chest and release a burst of energy. The man flies out of you but when you jump to your feet, a pair of arms grabs you from behind, locking your arms. You press a sharp heel into their knee, taking advantage to slide off their grip.

You turn around to see a woman - a girl. She can't be older than 20. It stops you on your tracks for a moment, before she pulls out a knife on you and jolts forward. You dodge her attacks, kicking your leg up in the air to disarm her.
The man catches your leg and you jump onto him, sitting in his shoulders with your thighs pressing on his neck. Your thumbs sink into his eyes, making him scream out.

He tumbles in pain, smashing against a wooden door, which breaks under the force and sends you both rolling into the floor. You get up on your feet, eyeing the couple.
The girls pulls out a gun, firing two shots in your direction. You raise your hand to stop them mid-air and the bullets drop to your feet.

"You know," You tilt your head, allowing your anxiety to turn into rage. "I was having a pretty good morning."

The man yells as he runs to you. You hold your hand with your palm up, picking off and slamming him into the ceiling. "Now you're just pissing me off."

The girl bugs her eyes, scared. Scared of you. You would never admit the secret pride it gave you. You raise your arms, trying to indicate you're not a threat.

"Why are you doing this?" You ask her. She didn't waver.
"One world, one people." She growls through her teeth before jumping at you.