"We share a common enemy."

Bucky POV

Sam clutched to his seat while Bucky drove back to the tower in half the time. He didn't even see the traffic lights or the other cars, they're all just a blur in his eyes.
The only thing in his mind is you. He needs to get back to you.

"Where is she?!" Bucky practically shouts as soon as he enters the conference room.
"Y/N's not in the tower, Mr Barnes, sir." Peter Parker mumbles his words, intimidated by the super soldier.

Bucky eyes the kid up and down. He's pretty scrawny for the strength he actually has and doesn't look at all like he's nearly 20 years old.
He reminds Bucky of Steve before the serum. Maybe that's why he doesn't talk to Spider-Man all that much.

"Are you sure she's not just hiding from you?" Natasha snarks, sitting down at the large oval table in her black suit.
"Shut up." Bucky growls at the redhead but her eyes give away her concern.

"Barnes is right, Y/N is missing." Tony walks in, your gold necklace dangling between his fingers.

Yeah, no shit.

Bucky paces back and forth, too enraged to stand still. "Did you get a hit on her phone?"
Tony shakes his head and takes out his sunglasses. "By the time I pulled up the map, the signal was gone."

"Do we have any ideia who took her?" Sam asks while he puts his hand on Bucky's shoulder, urging him to calm down.
Bucky brushes him off harshly, tracing his steps on the linoleum in a loop.

"I'm pulling up every security camera in the country but it might take a while." Iron Man sits down, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"We don't have time to waste!" Bucky yells, closing his fists so tightly, his knuckles crack.

"I agree." Tony nods. "But we can't exactly go out on the street with Y/N's picture and ask people if they've seen her."

The lights on the ceiling suddenly flick a couple of times and the ground shakes, making the grey chairs around the table wiggle like jello.

The heroes eye each other with confusion but no one gets a word in before Thor barges into the room. He's wearing his full armour, red cape and blond hair flowing behind him and his huge axe in hand.

"Are you kidding me?!" Bucky barks at Tony. "You called Steroid Ken?"

Thor grabs Bucky by the throat and slams him against the wall, leaving a dent the shape of his head.

"Listen to me, Bucky Barnes." Thor's eyes are surrounded by tiny lightings. "If my lady Y/N is hurt, I will rain death upon you with such a force, Hel will be a relief."

Bucky doesn't fight him off, his feet hovering the floor. "Please do."

There was no lie in his words. If something happened, he'd much rather die than live in a world where you don't exist.

"Alright, let's all calm down." Sam grabs Thor's massive bicep, like he could ever pull him off Bucky against his will.

Still, the god lets him go and Bucky drops down to his feet with a warm pain on his neck. Thor sits loudly in one of the chairs, his eyes still glued to Bucky.

"Now that the testosterone is out of the way, what's the plan?" Natasha leans over the table, enquiring Tony.
"If Y/N was kidnapped, shouldn't we get like a creepy note made with different letters cut from magazines?" Peter asks, dead serious.

Bucky stares at him in pure disbelief. "What are you even doing here?"
Peter pouts, taking offence in the question and sinking into his navy sweatshirt. "Y/N's my friend."

The super soldier presses on his right temple, exasperated. How did he end up with a group of idiots with no concept of urgency? He can't help but think that if Steve was here, he'd understand.