"You're welcome, Matilda."

The next days pass by lazily, rolling into weeks, dragging into months. You and Bucky spend as much time together as humanly possible. You train together and go to the missions together. It's been pretty slow lately, no big updates on the Flag Smashers, which is driving Sam crazy. He's adamant on following every single dead end lead. He interrupts you and Bucky so much, his name became your safe word.

Most nights, you and him go out to dinner, trying all kinds of different food. Tony caught you a few times before finally confronting you.

"Are you missing dinner again?" He asked the both of you, as you were standing in the elevator ready to leave.
"Uh, yes." You smiled at him apologetic.
"Okay, what's going on here?" Tony put his hand on his hips, squinting his eyes.
"The food here sucks, Tony." You admitted, which was only a half-truth.
"She's right." Bucky nodded his head, dead serious.
"Sorry!" You both yelled out as the doors closed on Tony's offended face.

You and Bucky sneak around at every possible moment, taking any chance to be alone and fuck each other mercilessly. You switch back and forth from your rooms each night, but every morning you wake up alone. Bucky always leaves in the middle of the night.

But today was different.
You wake up slowly, rolling over to pull the blankets over yourself when you feel something on your left side. It jolts you awake, your eyes shot open to see Bucky laying next to you.

"Wow, easy there, Blair Witch. It's just me." He jokes, reaching up to hold your face.

His hair falls sloppy to the side, curling softly. He's only wearing his navy pyjama pants, the muscular torso delightfully naked.

"Sorry." You fall back into the mattress with your heart beating fast. "You scared me. Why are you here?"

"Well, good morning to you too, doll." Bucky stands on his elbow to look at you with a pout. "I just wanted to be here when you woke up. Took forever by the way, it's past 10 o'clock."

You widen your eyes at him. "I got to sleep in and wake up to your face? And it's not even my birthday." You raise your hand to your chest in a fake display of surprise.

"You don't know when your birthday is." Bucky sticks his tongue out at you jokingly before pulling you in for a kiss.
You jerk away from him. "I haven't brush my teeth yet."

He completely ignores you, kissing you deeply. You melt into him, snuggling up to his arms.

"You were right." Bucky snarks. "That was gross."
"Shut up, Barnes." You pull your leg over his waist, kissing him again.

He runs his hand through your hair, pressing into you. "Doll." Bucky moans into your lips. "If you don't stop, we're not leaving this bed."
"Don't tempt me with a good time, Sargent." You smirk, not letting go of him.
He sighs, holding you in a hug. "You're a little devil, you know that?"

You giggle, enjoying every moment of softness you can pull out of him. Bucky kisses your forehead before jumping out of bed.

"C'mon, I have plans for today."
You shift in the bed with a groan. "Better plans than staying in bed all day?"
He thinks about it for a second. "I hope so." Dead serious look on his face. You raise an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Get dressed. We're going to try driving again."
"No..." You cry out, hiding your face in the covers.

~~~

You reluctantly agree to get in the car with Bucky. He drives you over to an empty field in the middle on nowhere so you have room to practice, picking up breakfast on the way.
You get out of the car to switch seats.