Part 11: Turn of Events

I rushed to put my dress or suit and my accessories on. I woke up late and I had to be at the location in two hours, it was only an hour away but there could be things blocking my way on the way there.

I put things I would need in a small bag that I would carry with me. I put snacks, a pocket knife, tissues, makeup, money and my charger in it. I finally got done and I ran out of the house, I picked up my dress as I got in the car and carefully slid in.

I put my mask in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt, I started the car and drove off listening to nothing but my thoughts and Heatwaves by Glass Animals.

I was almost there so I decided to stop at a McDonald's and get a milkshake. I payed for it and drove to the location, I still had thirty minutes so I sat in the parking lot finishing my milkshake until it was time.

I stepped out of my car with my mask on and made my way to the entrance, I was about to open the doors but two men opened them instead.

"𝕀𝔻, 𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖." One said. I grabbed both of them out of my bag, glad that I brought them. I handed it to one and they looked at it. They handed it back to me and let me inside, I let out a quick thank you as I rushed through the doors.

I walked into a giant room full of other people wearing dresses and suits of many colors, all of them had masks and none of them were the same. I continued to walk around until I bumbed into someone.

"𝐈'𝗺 𝐬𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝗼𝐢𝐧𝐠.." I continued to ramble on until I looked up. I saw familiar red eyes looking at me through a pink pig mask.

"Iᴛ's ᴏᴋ" he smirked, "I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀʏ sᴇᴇᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ ʙᴜᴛ ʙʏ ᴀɴʏ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴏғ (ʏ/ɴ)?"

I instantly smiled.

"𝐈 𝐝𝗼𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝗼𝐰, 𝗺𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝗼, 𝗺𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝗼𝐧'𝐭." We both laughed. "𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝗼?"

"I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏᴛ." He said, copying my words. We continued to laugh for a few minutes.

"Yᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ.." He said after our laughter died down.

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝗼𝐮," I said looking at his attire. He was wearing a white button up with a red vest accompanied with black dress pants and a black tie. He wore a golden crown on the top of his head.

"𝐈 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝗺𝐞 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐲𝗼𝐮" I said smiling. I looked at his hair which was put into a low ponytail. We were silent for a second until he cleared his throat. I turned my gaze to his eyes.

"I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ғᴀᴠᴏʀ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ.. ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ʏᴇs ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʀᴀɪᴅ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ.." He paused for a second. "I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ."

I let out a small laugh while nodding my head. He smiled and followed me to a table, I sat down in a chair and he seated himself in a chair in front of me.

I braided his hair until there was no more, I continued to mess with the little bit that wasn't braided and that was tied off from the rest.

"Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ?" He asked glancing back at me. I let go of his hair.

"𝐍𝗼𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠."

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆Time Skip☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆

Techno and I were talking until we heard someone talk over a microphone. I looked around for whoever was talking until Techno tapped my shoulder and pointed at the balcony that overlooked the room.

"𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘪𝘵." The president said, everyone cheered except for me and Techno. Neither of us are a big fan of government.

"𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵, 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘋𝘳. 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘴, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨..." He continued to talk but my attention turned to guards leaving the room.

I poked Techno and pointed at them. He nodded and we made our way to one of the exits. The both of us were able to get out without being noticed.

We quietly ran into one of the bathrooms, which just so happened to be the females bathroom.

"𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝗼𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝗼𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝗺 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝗼𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝗼𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝗺𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭." I told him.

"Sᴀᴍᴇ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ-" he got cut off by screams coming from the ballroom. We ran out of the bathroom and I pulled my knife from my bag. Techno looked at me like I was crazy.

"𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲." I told him. He nodded.

There were moving, rotting corpses flooding the halls. Some were wearing formal clothes and some none at all. Before I could think Techno started dragging me to the exit.

I ran in front of him despite me wearing heels. I pulled him to my car and flung him to the other side I hopped into the drivers seat and started the car. After Techno got into the passenger seat, I drove as fast as I could out of the parking lot, not even bothering to put on a seatbelt.

I sped to the nearest gas station since I was running out of gas. I ran up to the man at the counter and pay for a full tank. I ran back out and Techno was filling it up already.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲.. 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝗼𝐤?" I asked him. He looked at me.

"Yᴇᴀ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ?"

"𝐘𝐞𝐚.. 𝐈'𝗺 𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝗼 𝗺𝐲 𝐡𝗼𝐮𝐬𝐞"

"Oᴋ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ? I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴜsᴇ."

"𝐘𝐞𝐚."

He finished filling up the car and we got inside.
______________________

Long chapter isn't it :]. I'm gonna try to start (almost spelled shart) updating every three days.

I found out Techno has cancer a few days ago and I wish him the best, I know he is strong enough to beat it.

#technosupport

Published: September 2, 2021 7:18am
Edited: September 18, 2021 10:36am
April 4th, 2022 5:36pm