Part 24: The End

We got into the car and searched for places that would probably have the chemicals: pet stores, car shops, walmart, etc. Of course they wouldn't have the exact ones but they would have things that contain them.

"I believe this is all of them.." Techno said closely looking at the list. I giggled at his concentration and headed towards the car, the others followed behind. We got into the car and I sighed, looking at the sunset.

"So are we sure this is all we need?" I say getting into the front seat, looking towards techno. He nodded his head, still concentrating on the list. I smiled as the other two were still trying to get in the car, I pulled up a little as they were getting in and they fell. I laughed as they cursed at me.

I drove us back to the building, noticing how low the gas is. I ignore it as we could fill it up later. I jumped out and climbed into the vent, leaving the others outside. I fall into the room and look around, this would be one of the last times I was in there. We might have been there under terrible circumstances but the moments we had were the happiest moments of my life.

I climbed back into the vent and into the lab, it would be better to work there since it had more supplies. I moved the items I had in front of it out of the way so the others could get in, they rushed in and immediately got to work. They had to be careful because the chemicals could be deadly if anything went wrong.

They worked for a few hours, clay took a nap at some point, but they eventually got done. We cheered and I hugged Techno tightly, relieved that we don't have to worry about the zombies escaping anymore. I noticed the other two went quiet so I looked at them. Both of them had smug faces and I wanted to punch both of them.

"Shut up." I spoke.

I silence filled the room. I looked towards techno and he had a look of terror on his face.

"What's wrong mate?" Phil asked, also noticing Technos grim expression.

"I just realized that one of us has to stay back to start the sprinklers." He said.

"Okay? It's not like we would get hurt." I said confused. He looked at me.

"The antidote doesn't only kill them and the virus, it kills us too."

The room went quiet.

"I'll stay," Phil volunteered, "I'm older, you all still have the rest of your lives."

I started to tear up. But then I had an idea.

"I'll stay actually. I can start the sprinklers and run into the vent" Apparently Techno didn't like this idea.

"No!" He yelled glaring at me. "I'll stay." My heart broke at the thought of him dying.

"You can't" i cried, "I don't want you to die."

"I'm doing it" he said looking at me. I hugged him.

"Please.." I whispered, "I love you.." I genuinely started crying, I didn't want him to die. I can't live without him. He hugged me tightly.

"Fine," he said pulling away from the hug, "you can do it since you have a chance to live." I smiled.

"But," I frowned, "if you don't come out 30 seconds after they come on I'm coming back in." I nodded, I can't mess this up. He handed me the pitcher of chemicals to put into the water and they started to head out. Techno was the last to leave, he turned to look at me.

"I love you." He whispered and shut the door. I smiled. I slowly walked to the boiler room, avoiding the zombies. I poured the chemicals into the water tank and slowly walked back to the lab. I stood on the counter closest to the vent and pulled out my lighter. I lifted it to the sprinkler and waited for the chemicals, I had a few seconds of water until the chemicals came so I had to be ready.

The water started spraying. I hopped off the counter but the floor already became slippery. I slipped and banged my head on the floor. I hissed in pain but quickly got up, my vision spinning. I started to climb the ladder then I felt the chemicals start to burn me. I heard the screams of the zombies, I held back tears until I slipped on the ladder. I fell to the floor and knew my life was over.

I heard banging coming from outside the room and techno ran in. He saw me on the floor and held me. I didn't know I was bleeding until he held up his bloody hand that was previously holding my head. I cried as I heard him repeating the words

"I love you"

Then my vision went black.

___________________
So... that's it.
I'm sorry if it seemed rushed, I needed to finish it or I would feel guilty forever.
The end finally came, it's not exactly what I planned for it to be but it's close.

I won't be doing anymore dsmp stories because I am not in the fandom anymore so I apologize if you wanted more.