Part 17: Notebook

"Iᴛ's sᴛɪʟʟ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs." Techno said.

"𝘐 𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘶𝘴." Phil said.

I shook my head. No matter how much I tried I knew they wouldn't let me go.

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞." I said leaning against a wall. They turned their attention back to what they were doing. I smirked and stood up. I silently walked over to the shelf I climbed it. I was quiet and fast.

I pulled myself in and crawled down the way I didn't go. I made little bangs as I crawled but I couldn't stop them. I turned the corner and saw a vent opening a few feet away from me. I quickly crawled to it, hitting my head in the process.

I sat there for a second, holding my head. It hurt but it wasn't bleeding. I got up again and continued to open the vent, I did it quietly this time as to not attract zombies.

I dropped into the room, slightly breaking my ankles in the process. Just kidding. I baracaded the door so nothing could get in and I looked around.

It looked like a laboratory. One at a school, not an actual laboratory. I saw broken tube things, they were big enough for me to fit inside. There were metal stand things that looked like it held up whatever was inside.

I ignored it and proceeded to look around. There were a bunch of test tubes filled with a green liquid. I saw an open notebook so I looked at it. It looked like it showed how to make a chemical.

I was about to look around some more but my phone rang, I jumped at the sudden noise and quickly answered it.

"𝐇𝐞𝐥-" I got cut off.

"Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ?! Wʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ?!" I heard Techno whisper, more like yell but it was quiet.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝗼𝐫𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝗼𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝗼𝗼𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝐬𝗼 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝗼 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜." I said. He sighed.

"I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ʏᴏᴜ.. ʜᴏᴡ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs. Yᴏᴜ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏɪɴɢ sᴏ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ." He said. I thought about it for a second, it would be nice to have someone looking after me..

"𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥." I said smiling. I heard him laugh.

"Yᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ.." He said.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝗼𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝗺𝐞𝐚𝐧?" I said jokily.

"Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴅ." He quickly replied. I giggled.

"𝐈'𝗺 𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝗼𝐰, 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝗼 𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝗼𝗺𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝗺𝐩𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭." I said. I heard him hum in response. I put the call on speaker and pulled a shelf similar to the one in the office to the vent.

I grabbed my phone and heard the men talking to each other on the other side of the call. I started to climb the shelf until I remembered I didn't pick up the book.

I climbed back down and jogged towards the book. I picked it up and realized it didn't have anywhere to put it. I thought about it for a second. I could roll it up and put it in my bra, or I could put it on my stomach and tighter my shirt somehow..

I did the second option. I used a rubber band I found to tie my shirt, it was uncomfortable but it wouldn't be like that for long so it would be fine.

I climbed up the shelf, the only noise heard was the men on the call. I was halfway up until my foot slipped and I fell on my bum. I heard the men laugh quietly but I also heard a tea kettle.

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲." I said. They continued to laugh. I groaned and stood up. I climbed up the shelf once again with nothing stopping me.

It took a minute or two but I eventually made it back. I climbed down the ladder and got grabbed from behind.
_________
Word Count: 666
(I didn't plan that, I'm sorry)

Sorry for taking so long to update, I had a stomach ache on Wednesday so I went to the nurse and got sent home because apparently it's a symptom of Covid. I think it was just slight food poisoning. I usually write in class so that's why the chapter is late.

#technosupport

You are loved. You are amazing. You deserve the world.

Published: September 25, 2021 1:32pm
Edited: