Act III

Six months ago Octavia Jones lost everything. Her brother. Her sanity. Hell, it feels like she's lost Finnick too because she hasn't seen him in months. For the first time since her own Games, Octavia Jones is truly alone. Cut off from the city she was once practically a resident of, Octavia and the other Victors can only sit by and listen to the dark rumblings of the possible reasons why the Capitol suddenly has an aversion to Victors. Only one thing is for certain; there's a storm brewing. But how will it strike?

Before leaving the Capitol, Octavia was given an impossible task from the rebel leader, Plutarch Heavansbee, of keeping her brother's killer, Katniss Everdeen, safe. To make matters worse, Snow fully expects Octavia to follow through with his plan of annihilating the very same person Octavia is sworn to protect. Now deeply involved in the intricate secrecies of both the rebels and the Capitol, Octavia must decide where her true loyalties lie once and for all.

But let's not get too ahead of ourselves, shall we? Besides, the 75th Annual Hunger Games and the third Quarter-Quell only are right around the corner. What's the worst that could happen?

Welcome to Act III: Fracture.

————

Special thanks to hpsisterpjsister for making this lovely cover art for me! If anyone wants to make art or covers for the story, send them to me and I'll feature them in future chapters! Seeing this one brought me so much joy!