The Capitolian

With the Reapings just around the corner, we've compiled our list of top 10 victors we want to see return to the Games.

10. Emmer Browning

This one is a bit of a darkhorse, but Emmer is one of the younger victors when it comes to the outer districts. Despite winning in the early 50s, he seems to be in excellent shape. Whether or not he can fend off an inevitably stacked Career pack is another question, however.

9. Johanna Mason

An interesting character, but we're curious to see if she can pull off a win twice. The element of surprise that came with the weak act that won her the 69th Games won't work again this time. The other victors are well aware of her prowess in the arena and they will not be underestimating her.

8. Gloss

Any list would be remiss if they didn't include Gloss. He's strong, he's tough, and he enjoyed a lot of popularity when he won back in 63. With the Career pack at his side, if Gloss makes it into the Games he's going to go deep. But when compared to the rest of the victors from the 60s era, he doesn't even crack our top 5.

7. Beetee Latieer

To this day, avid Hunger Games fans seem to forget that Beetee held the record for the most kills by a victor (6 by the way) for nearly twenty years until Enobaria broke it. We usually would say that his age would discount him from our list, but Beetee's strength was always his mind. And since his Games his mind has only gotten stronger, case and point the many inventions of his design we enjoy in our day to day life.

6. Enobaria

Razor-sharp teeth inlaid with gold. That's all you need to know about this one.

5. Augustus Braun

Augustus is the youngest of the victors from 1. They haven't had a champion since his win back in 67. He's garnered a reputation of being the "Cavileer Career" for his patriotism to Panem, so we think he'd be one to step up to the plate and bring honour to his district by bringing home their first win in 8 years.

4. Cashmere

Cashmere has been a Capitol favourite since she was announced as a tribute after her brother's win. While both are popular here in the Capitol, Cashmere has enjoyed more attention from us Capitolians, including quite a few notable figures that she's dated over the years. But as younger female victors have come along like Octavia, Brook, and now Katniss. This could be her chance to reclaim her spot as top dog.

3. Katniss or Peeta...but not both!

Katniss is guaranteed to return to the Games, but we hope she returns this time to defend her title without her beau Peeta at her side. Many of her critics claim she couldn't have won without him, so this is her chance to stick it to the haters. As for Peeta, we would have liked to see him return without Katniss because of his likeability factor. No one does an interview like Peeta Mellark. With these Games guaranteed to have only one victor, we perish the thought that we could lose this hot couple only a few months after getting them which is the reason they're not number 1.

2. Octavia Jones

This one and our number 1 pick were hard to choose between, but Octavia coming back into the arena fresh off the loss of her brother is a storyline that is too hard to pass up. Do we dare even dream of the potential final match-up of a revenge-driven, Octavia versus Katniss? We do. Cato-related items aside, Octavia would have been in our top 10 regardless because of her being the current record holder of the most kills, her charisma, and her popularity amongst the general public.

Before we reveal our top pick, here are some honourable mentions:

Lyme

After her win, Lyme disappeared out of the "Lyme-light" despite being a Capitol favourite. We'd like to see her and what she's up to now.

Brook Heffer

Brook is certainly our pick out of the women of 4. When choosing between Annie, Mags, and Brook, the answer is really a no-brainer for this one.

Titus

A district 2 pick from the 50s, this might be 2's best chance of having a male win since Augustus  Nott (not to be confused with Augustus Bruan of 1) passed away last year just a year after his win. It looks like the women of 2 are going to be taking the lead on this one.

1. Finnick Odair

This choice should come as no surprise to our loyal readers. We are huge fans of Mr. Odair and everything he does. Should he be selected, we have him as our top bet. Finnick is the right age, still in good shape, and in a sound mind. He'd likely dominate the competition, especially if he chooses to advance with the Career pack like he did back in his Games. Sponsors are already drooling at the thought of what his design team might put him in.

The only reason we might not want Finnick to be picked is because we want to keep him all to ourselves. A group of self-proclaimed "Finnick Fans" have started a petition to remove his name from the Reaping bowl, spawning several other similarly-goaled petitions for other popular tributes.

Bonus Last Place:

Any Victor before the 40th Games. Somehow, watching a gaggle of elders wobble around in an arena just isn't as fun. We hope the lineup consists of mostly younger victors to keep things interesting and full of energy.

This article was sponsored by the Panem Games Commission.

If you liked this article, we think you'd love:

Why we think the petitions to remove popular victors' names from the Reaping bowls is a bad idea.

12 of the hottest photos of Finnick Odair (you'll never believe number one)

We took a tour of the new Victor Moseleum!

Katniss and Peeta's wedding: will the show go on?