Violent Closure

There are two short chapters coming out today! Hope you like it! HUGE SHOUT OUT to:
killp50
For all the comments! It made my day!
And another thank you to aakiira15 for the vote!
-----------------------------------------
I was discharged from the hospital room as soon as the anesthesia had worn off. I walked out of the infirmary doors not knowing where to go. I couldn't return to the District 2 level because Brutus would be there, and I couldn't go anywhere in the building for risk of bumping into someone, so I decide to make my way to the underground training facility through the back route because I know no one will be down there.

Once I reach the lowest level of the Tribute building I make my way to the net on the side of the wall and climb way up to the top that hangs over the rest of the centre. I lie down and stare at the ceiling. There are so many things that I could be thinking about right now but my mind is blank, I just stare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Hey jungle girl." I hear someone call from below.

I flip over onto my front so I can see whose below me through the netting. It's Finnick. I choose not to respond hoping that he will go away and flip on my back to face the ceiling once again.

I hear Finnick making his way up the netting, soon enough he plops down next to me and stares up at the ceiling.

"Hey I heard about-" He starts.

"I don't want to talk about it." I snap, maybe a bit too harshly but I don't care.

"Fine. But there's something I know you'll want to see, and I can guarantee it's more interesting than the ceiling."

With that I turn to face him. "Oh?" I question, with intrigue in my voice.

"Follow me." He says. And I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk into the control rooms and all the mentors stare at me. I give them all death stares which causes them to advert their eyes.

Finnick leads me towards his station which is still turned on, but just doesn't have any tribute stats anymore.

"Why did you bring me here?" I question.

"To show you this." He replies, pressing the tribute 7 camera button.

And on the screen I see the girl that Per- someone that I used to know, told me was a potential threat axing off the girl from District One's head. I smirk a tad knowing that Glimmers girl was out.

"What's with 7?" I ask.

" Johanna Mason. Turns out she was faking the whole time, didn't even tell her mentors. Brilliant strategy though." Finnick says, crossing his arms staring intently at the screen. We then see Johanna make her way towards Magenta who was the only career left. "Looks like we made it just in time."

I stare intently at the screen internally screaming for Johanna to win this showdown. I couldn't have Magenta win not after what she did to him, I couldn't be reminded of him everyday. They circle each other for what feels like forever until Magenta throws a knife at Johanna, who swiftly dodges it. Johanna then throws her axe which finds itself lodged in Magentas chest.

Boom.

The cannon goes off.

Cheers erupt from the District 7 table.

"Finnick, why are they so happy?" I question. I mean I know taking down the career pack is a big deal but I don't understand.

"Johanna Mason is going home." Finnick replies.