Betrayal and Roses

I sit at my station watching the tributes intently. Each station is equipped with a monitor that shows your tribute and a touch screen that allows you to send care packages and had panels on both sides to prevent other mentors from seeing your screen while they're seated. There are twenty-four of these high tech booths in the room.

After Percy survived the bloodbath a few days ago, I've bee glued to the screen non-stop. Finnick has had to bring me meals so I could keep an eye out for Percy.

Unfortunately, the District 4 boy that Finnick had been working with had died in the bloodbath, but his other tribute is still alive, giving him an excuse to visit the control room.

Right now I can see Percy and the rest of the career alliance are about to go to sleep. It's probably 3 a.m. real time. Maybe if I close my eyes it wouldn't hurt....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I instinctively wake up to the sound of a knife being unsheathed. I look around the room first to see that it's not empty like it was before when I fell asleep because it's dawn. I then turn my attention to the screen and I see that Magenta has pulled out a knife and is heading towards a sleeping boy. Percy.

I start to fumble with the controls. I need to send a care package to wake him up. Magenta's getting closer and I'm still panicking at the controls. I manage to send a package, I don't even know what it is. But as soon as I hit send, Magenta slits Percy's throat. I can see his eyes open as it happens and then slowly the gleam in his eyes begins to fade. The package then decides to descend form the sky.

I sit staring at the monitor in shock. Boom. The canon goes off.

I sit at my station with my eyes welling up with tears threatening to spill.

"Good morning everyone." It's Brutus.
How can it be a good morning our tribute just- then it hits me, he knew. I instantly sit up in my chair. He knew all along that Magenta would do this because he told her to. He took such a liking to that brat he wanted her to get rid of her biggest competition in the least messiest way possible.

Brutus reaches out and puts a hand on my shoulder. "How are you doing Oct-"

I manage to shut him up as I clock him in the jaw. "You son of a bitch!" I shout through tears as I throw him to the ground. Brutus looks up at me with a bloody nose and a surprised look on his face.

"I trusted you! He trusted you!" I drop to the ground on top of him and begin punching him again. Brutus tries to block my punches, but he's no match for my angry rage. "He's dead!" I sob. "He's dead because of you!"

I feel two sets of arms lifting me up off of Brutus and dragging me out of the room while I continue to scream insults at Brutus.

Once I'm out of the room I feel something prick me. I look up at the peacekeepers who've loosened their grip on me. All I feel is myself descending into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes flutter open. The world is blurry and spinning, I can't think straight. How did I even get here?

I shoot up in the bed. I look around and begin to see a blur of white next to me. I try and focus and the image of a single white rose begins to form.

I look to the table beside my bed as the roses come into a clearer view. There's a note attached to the rose. I open it up.

Dear Ms. Jones,
Due to recent events that have occurred I believe it is due time that you and I meet each other in person. I will have peacekeepers escort you to my office the morning of the Victors interviews.
Sincerely,
President C. Snow
After reading the message I begin to freak out what does the president want to meet me about?