Game Time

After I learnt how to get away with murder, the games selection happened. I got another two blood thirsty teens, Finnick got a really scared looking red head and a alright boy, and Jo got two average District 7's. In other words my tributes were looking to be in good shape.

The press has been banned from the inner part of the station so it's pretty clear on the inside. I step out of the train and I immediately hear someone calling my name.

"Octavia!" I barely have time to turn around before I'm engulfed in a gigantic bear hug from the bronzed Victor form District 4.

"Octavia, I'm so sorry about your mom! I know you two didn't have a close relationship but-"

"Don't be." I say with a slight waver in my voice. "I killed her." There's a hint of danger in my voice, as I can still remember the threat she posed to my brother.

Finnick looks down at me with confusion and a bit of horror on his face. I immediately look down at the floor in shame.

"C'mon we can't do this in the middle of the train station. There's no press in here but they're still getting pictures of us like crazy." He takes my hand and leads me into a small darker corridor. With one swift motion he pins me up against the wall.

"What were you thinking?!" He whispers harshly. As my eyes adjust to the light, I see that in his eyes he is not angry about what I did but rather concerned. "I might not know a lot about District Two, but I know they're not going to be okay with you killing your mom."

"That's why there never going to find out." I say sharply. He releases me from being pinned up against the wall and then paces out to the middle of the dark corridor with his hand running through his hair. He stops and looks back at me.

"Why'd you do it?" He was calmer than he was before.

"It's a long story Finn." I reply. He looks at me with a 'so what' face. "Fine." I take a deep breath. "A long time ago my dad had an affair with a women he really loved. My mother had her killed. But before the woman died she had a baby, my brother or half brother I guess. So he was sent to the orphanage to keep him out of danger and only my father knew about him. But when I got back from the games last year my grandmother died and my father finally told me about him. But my mother caught on, she came to my house and said she was going to kill him. And I couldn't watch my only real family member die Finn. So I killed her to save my brother and I'd make that choice again if it came to it." I'm sounding a bit angry at this point so I silence myself.

All Finnick does is pull me into a hug. At first I'm confused but then I settle into the hug. After a while he lets go and asks me "So what's your brother like?"
I smile. I begin to tell him all about my brother Cato and his goofy little grin.

And I was happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now folks!!!
Thanks to all who helped with the input!