PROLOGUE

SOFIA SAT IN THE DINGY COT OF THE GREY ORPHANAGE...

Her gaze was lost in emptiness, but it seemed to travel beyond the high walls of the orphanage.

Albus Dumbledore walked through the front door, heading next to the housekeeper, Mrs. Rosmine.

She was a gruff, nasty woman. She forced them to keep quiet, to have a certain bearing, teaching them all about how to be royal...

That's because if they didn't, they'd be alone, she told them.

If any of them broke the rules... there would be serious consequences.

Sofia was not afraid of many things... but she was afraid of the orphanage storeroom.

Everything was dark, except for the hot brand that lit up the room at those moments.

That hot brand that was imprinted on her skin.

The word "monster" had healed... and Sofia knew that it would never go away again, even if she hoped for the opposite.

Sofia still remembered the pain or the crackling of the burning metal.

The only thing Sofia hoped for was that sooner or later Mrs Rosmine would leave, everyone knew she was quite old.

Dumbledore climbed the stairs and found himself in front of the housekeeper's door.

"Come in!"- she said grimly after Dumbledore knocked.

"And who are you?"- said Mrs. Rosmine.

"I am the headmistress of a girl from this orphanage," said Dumbledore calmly.

"And who?"- said Mrs. Rosmine in a defiant tone.

"Sofia Venus Aries!"- said Dumbledore as Mrs. Rosmine turned pale.

Her glass of whisky fell, shattering on the floor and a terrified expression came over her.

"Follow me..."- she said fearfully.

Dumbledore walked around the corridors of the orphanage, while the children in the corridors looked at him curiously.

On the other hand, Dumbledore was anything but normal, starting with his appearance.

He wore a purple cloak that reached below his ankles, his silver beard fell gently over his shoulder and his usual half-moon glasses were set over his blue eyes.

They turned one last time and Dumbledore found himself in front of a corridor... the lights were flashing.

Madame Rosmine ran out in fear, almost as if she was afraid of what was inside.

Dumbledore opened the door slightly and saw her.... she was just a traumatised girl.

Sofia was leaning back against the wall, her hands on her face as several imperceptible tears streamed down her delicate face, as if afraid to be heard.