CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

SOFIA FELT A STRONG PAIN IN HER CHEST, MORE PRECISELY IN HER HEART

She felt it beating slowly, and with great difficulty. She opened her eyes hoping to meet a pair of sincere green ones, but the usual darkness invaded her.

Sofia turned around, no sign of Allison...Scott, Lydia...and Stiles. She heard a voice, a whisper. The voice sounded like Lydia's, but it was so soft, she wasn't sure.

The darkness, so deep and mysterious, was very frightening, she felt she was being watched, her every movement followed...this was Hecate's realm, the underworld.

The whispering became clearer, and much more audible...then the voice began to shout her name, and Sofia panicked. That was definitely Lydia, and she was in danger...they were all in danger.

She didn't know where the light was coming from, and she didn't know how to save your friends. The whole underworld was a sound chamber where the echoes dominated everything. Sofia tried to calm the quickening pulse and crouched on the ground, hearing a loud cry.

She wanted to help her friends, but first she had to help herself. Thinking that Harry was there to kiss her forehead, her breathing became regular, and her mind more rational.

What Sofia didn't know was that Harry, noticing the heavy breathing in the infirmary, was really kissing his forehead, those two boys were connected all over.

He focused on Lydia's frightened voice and moved closer and closer to where they had come from, his friends were apparently on the ground, resigned... when Scott saw Sofia approaching he sprang to his feet.

"Sofia!" exclaimed Stiles smiling dumbly.

"What are you doing on the ground there?" asked Sofia as she approached.

"No! Don't come any closer!"

Too late, Sofia took a step forward, flying several feet back.

"Sofi, are you okay?" asked Allison softly.

"Not really...jeez Lydia I thought you were in danger from your scream!" said Sofia's irritated.

"Sofia we're trapped in here, we can't get out!" said Stiles.

"Scott, you told me you'd already made it through the ash tree!"

"I know, but this is a little different!" said Scott showing him his injured shoulder.

"ONI made a little visit to Beacon Hills..." explained Allison.

"We don't know how to get out, please do something. I'm claustrophobic!" giggled Stiles nervously.

"I can try, I think I've done something like this before!"

Her friends looked at her questioningly, waiting for an explanation "Oh well, I've been through the ash barrier once!"