chapter 14

Somehow she reached home. She almost ran into accident two times. The door was opened by her little sister, Aysel. Nobody noticed her state and she straight went into her room and locked the room immediately. It was indeed a good thing in her favor. She took off her clothes instantly and went under the shower. She turned on the warm shower and let herself get wet. She rubbed each part of her body roughly and harshly, trying to remove his touch.
Little did she knew that his touch will remain forever, until she burns each inch of her skin. Her tears go unnoticed under the water, she focused on scratching his each mark, bite. She again looked into the mirror and was disappointed to find the marks again.
After constant crying of 30 minutes, she somehow put herself again and got out of the bathroom. She changed into her clothes, and was about to lay in the blanket when she heard a knock on the door. It was her sister Aysel calling her for dinner.
She knew she can’t deny or her mother will come into her room to look at her closely. She took her dupatta and wrapped it around her neck and got out of the room.
After dinner she was going in her room when she heard the bell ringing on her father’s phone. He was in drawing room. And his phone was on the table. She leaned closer to read the name.
Seeing the name, her brain became numb. It was Umer’s parents!
She realized that each word he said to her was true and he will really gonna marry her tomorrow. 'No she can’t marry too soon!’ her instincts screamed into her mind.
Most of all she cannot marry him, after what he did to her! She wanted the call to end and her parents never pick it up. But just then Ayan came and picked the phone to give it to her father.
She couldn’t move and she remained there silent, unable to make a movement.
She moved closer to the drawing room, to hear the conversation.
Her mother also went in after her father called her. She predicted it must be a important conversation that’s why her father called her mother too.
She wanted to listen to it but Ayan came and closed the door.
Without any option she sat on the table, to wait for the decision and prayed silently, that she don’t have to marry him. She wanted to go and tell everything to her parents but the threat of rape was eating her inside. If he really did it to her, she will not able to marry anyone ever. And she will die the most undignified death. Her parents would not be able to ever stand in front of people with their heads held high.
It will bring her family disgrace. And she couldn’t see any of it happening. So she had to do it after all, she had no other option.
Marry him and suffer all her life, but at least her dignity will not be ruined. Which will happen to her will only remain to her until he harms no one else. It was a difficult situation to let someone hover over yourself, and not even protest at their cruel ways.
She prayed that miracle may happen and he leave her on his own.

Just then her mother came out if the room, worried.

"Come with me" she told her and went inside her room.

Ayleen followed behind, praying that it must be not true.

She sat on the bed with her mother.

"Look they just called, and told us that due to urgent meeting Umer has to leave to Dubai tomorrow night and before that he want to marry you and take you with him. We were in panic and told them that it can't happen so soon. But they insisted and said, there's no difference after 10 days or before 10 days. They don't need anything from us. They just want you. So we decided to do your nikah tomorrow" she said all in one go leaving her speechless to say anything in reply.

She remained silent in response and didn't lifted her head, as she could feel the tears, making her eyes wet.

"I want answer from you Ayeleen! Reply me!" Her mother exclaimed in frustration, after she did not utter a word in response.

"What answer do you want from me? Did you asked me before engaging me? Do my decision matters? Even if you marry me tomorrow, I'll do it. Why asking me? When all you have to do is decide yourself. If I'll say no, will you guys stop? You will only do what you want or they want. I'm just your puppet, and tomorrow you will hand your puppet to another master to play with her" she said with tears tingling on her cheek, eyes almost red. She didn't cared what her mother will say. She said her heart out.
And in a swift she got up and left the room leaving her mother unable to say a word.

*

She laid in bed, nuzzling into the pillow. Filling her nostrils with the smell of her hair, which left on her pillow. Her mind just wanted to live in the moment. She picked up her earphones and wore them in her ear. Then she turned on her favourite song and started to have nostalgic feelings.
Her mind could process each word of lyrics which was relatable to the sadness from which she was suffering. But from no where, she started having visions of Yahya.
Their beautiful moments, their unforgettable love ached her heart again. She felt like someone was crushing and squeezing her heart roughly. And she was crying in pain.

She remembered when she asked him that what if they did not end up together?
And he replied, that it will not happen. And if it did then he will wait for her until she comes back to him.
He used to tell her, that she is the only person who acts like a rainbow and make him forget all his sorrows in no time. Her face is the only memory, he wants to remember till eternity.
He will never forget her, even if he did marry someone by any chance, still her place will remain there. He will not be able to love someone else again with same intensity.
He wanted her to be by his side, when he close his eyes from this world. He wanted her to be the last person whom he sees last time, so her face always remain in his memory.
And she never believed his love, she thought no one can love you like this. This type of love only exists in imagination, movies, stories. Whenever he asked her whom she loves most. She always replied myself.
She was obsessed with herself, she thought real love can only happen with yourself and it's the greatest love.
But now she realized that she had more than strong feelings for him. She always told him that she loves him, but will never be upset if he ever left her. And now she was at her worst.
It was so hard to forget him. Even she dreamed everything of her life with him, she thought that she had a better understanding with him. So it will be great to marry him, she never gave anyone a chance to understand her.

His words were echoing in her ears. She will leave behind his memories tomorrow, his love, everything about him. But she will not be upset to leave her family. What they did to her, she will suffer all her life and every second in agony will remind her, that her parents are responsible for this.

The song ended and she woke up from her misery. She wiped the tears and opened the door of her room.
Lights were off and everyone was in their room, sleeping soundlessly.

She stepped into the kitchen, bare foot trying not to make sound. It was her last day until her life changes upside down. She had right to spend her night as she wants.
She made herself a delicious cold coffee and a chocolate mug cake.

Then she returned into her room. She didn't even realized when her sisters came into the room and slept. She was so busy in rewinding her memories. She placed both things on bedside table. And then she took out a romantic novel which she left on pending.
She tried to forget all her worries and relaxed herself into the cozy blanket, eating cake, drinking coffee and reading her favourite story.

*

She was sleeping without a care when her mother woke her up.
She slightly opened her eyes to see her.
"Your in-laws have sent your Nikah dress. Get up now! Go to parlour and get yourself ready. Your Nikah is at 2 pm." Her mother dropped the bomb on her.
Her eyes popped open, as reflex. She tried to think that it's not reality, it's not happening.
But her mother's stern face was telling her something else.
She placed the dress on the bed and left the room saying,

"Your brother will drop you to parlour, come out in 10 minutes. It's already 11 am"