chapter 47

After a good sleep he looked quite fresh during breakfast. His hair styled neatly but professionally. The Armani suit fitted him so perfectly, enhancing his well built body. She always got mesmerized by his personality, apart from his inhumanity. He always looked so perfect to her eyes, to everyone's eyes. She sometimes doubted that so many woman must be at his feet but then why he only fell for her? She was not even pretty but how can he call her breathtaking? Everytime she looked at herself in the mirror, she asked herself many times that why did she landed here with him so unexpectedly?
Is this his madness? Or if he is normal then how can he just choose a mere girl to become his wife and then treat her like a slave but never let her go. He is not even tired of her, then what she is to him? Why he is forcing her to stay with him?

So many questions but no answer to them because only he can answer.

She prepared herself to announce the news to him after Anna left the dining hall after placing their breakfast.

"Why are you not eating well?" He asked while his fork made clit and clatter noise with plate.

"Me? Uhmm I'm eating, just wanted to talk about.... I mean tell you something" she said nervously and tried to smile.

"First take a deep breath and relax, then tell me" he tried to calm her nerves.

"It's that.... you're going to be a.... Father" she said with pauses nervously with a big smile on her face as her dimple appeared and happiness engulfed her from head to toe. For the first time since she felt extremely happy about her pregnancy. Maybe it was due to that she shared it with someone else and now it felt real.

His movements froze and his expressions faded away, leaving him expressionless. He just looked at her intently trying to process the news for a moment.
Just a while and he recovered, plastering a stern face.

"Get an abortion then" he said in monotone with a serious face while he continued his breakfast.

The smile fell from her face and she couldn't believe her ears. It felt like someone dropped a heavy weight on her heart and it ached badly with his words. Despite being broken inside, her hopes shattered in a millisecond. But she put herself together because this was the only thing she wanted in her life, this is the moment where she needs to fight him. Enough of suffering, if she didn't stood up for herself here then there will be no other time. And it was for the sake of her unborn baby, her own flesh. She thought.
She will not let him win this time.

"Are you serious? How can you say this?" She stood up all of sudden in anger while tears of frustration fell from her face, no matter how she tried to control it. She wanted to show him that she is strong, despite his unending efforts to break her. But she was failing to do so as her face reflected a different story, all her miseries.

"I think I never cracked a joke with you until now. I will book a appointment with doctor today and tomorrow you will go to hospital to clear this mess" he announced while unnecessarily cleaning his lips with the napkin.

"You cannot do this! You cannot kill your own child! How can you be this much cold blooded? I want this child! Please don't do this" she almost pleaded while she begged him with her eyes.

"I think I made myself clear enough" he replied coldly.

He didn't batter an eye on her and just left leaving her behind as his butler carried his brief case with him.

She fell on the floor limply and cried like a baby. Unable to control the hatred she didn't knew what to do now. But as she came to her senses she realized that she can only do one thing to save her baby.

Run from him.

She dried her tears with her hand and stood up with a new hope. She tried to put herself together again just for her a baby. She knew she was strong enough to do this. She will run away from him. She will leave him and will run to Pakistan to start her new life.

First thing which she needed was her passport. After they returned from turkey, he took her passport. And she didn't knew where to find it. But she had a glitch that he always keep his important things in his study room or maybe in his locker. There was a thick chance that she might find them there.

She ran upstairs and started opening his cupboard. His locker was locked as usual. And on top of that it was a passcode and fingerprint lock. There was not a chance that she could open it without him.
Her only hope was now in his study room. But it was locked too. Not being disappointed she asked Anna for the keys. She knew she had all the keys of the house.
But due to the last incident Anna refused her. Due to which she had to beg her, and promised her that she will not let him know this time. After convincing her she finally got the keys.
With thumping heart she unlocked it and entered. It was still maintained like before she left it with her hands. Nothing changed from its place except the table which had a different arrangement of things, indicating that it was in use. She opened all the drawers and started checking each of it. She found nothing. Then she checked all the stack of papers and his files which were placed on the table. She found them useless too.

In frustration and disappointment she sat on the couch and held her head. She tried to remember the day when they came. Where did he placed them?
Maybe they were in his locker because he straight went to their bedroom to change and after that he left for the office. But there was no way she could open his locker.
She tried not to lose hope and think of something to reach his locker. She got up because she needed not just her passport. She needed money for the ticket, and her clothes to pack and she also needed to think of a scheme to escape. There was no way she can escape through the gates as the security will never let her out of the house alone without Umer's permission.

She made up her mind that she will escape when the driver will take her to the hospital. This way she will escape without letting anyone know and there will not be any security at the moment to stop her and find her immediately.

She went upstairs again and took out her jewelry which her parents gave her. She will need it for her expenses. She placed it on the bed and looked for anything else important.
Her certificates and degrees were the only treasure she had. She placed them in a small bag which she also bought with herself in her luggage. She took out some clothes which she needed and then packed them too. Then she opened her laptop and looked for the return tickets for the very next day.
The earliest flight was 11 am in the morning, which meant she'll need to reach airport before 10.

She packed everything but now her only problem was her passport and some urgent cash to buy herself a ticket.
To her luck she knew that Umer used to place cash in his drawer for her in case she need it, and he told her. She opened the drawer and found the money. It was still placed there, untouched. Maybe now was the right time to use it. She let it stay there in case he becomes suspicious of her plans.

Now the hardest part was to play along with him, to convince him that she was ready for the abortion to gain his trust. So he cannot suspect her in any way. But how will she convince him? He already knew that she didn't wanted it and now telling him that she is ready all of sudden will raise suspicions too.
She needed to use her brain and play clever with him. No matter even if she had to lie to him, she will save her baby's life and it was worth it. She hid the packed bag in her cupboard in the last , bottom shelf .

She knew it was a big step and the most daring thing to do but she had to do it. She also knew that he might kill her if she got caught. And he will not hesitate to do it. It was her only chance to escape his prison and give her baby a new life, no matter without a father but a peaceful one.