chapter 35

As expected Umer came home early in evening.
Ayeleen was in her room, feeling nervous, scared, happy, confused as hell. She didn't know what to feel exactly. The screen in front of her was clearly showing her Gmail that she got accepted at the hospital. Her excitement was on another level but the horror of Umer was also lingering on her mind. She didn't even told him yet and she didn't know how to convince him. He will surely deny her and that's what she knew.

She closed the laptop and got out of the bed. She made the dinner half an hour ago. She straightened her hair and got downstairs only to find Umer coming towards their room. She stopped in her tracks as nervousness filled in her eyes. She didn't knew how to react. She didn't wanted to tell him yet but she knew her face was looking like a lost puppy.

"Why you look so scared? Is something wrong?" He asked as he approached her on the stairs.

"Nno ittss nnotthingg" she stuttered and it made him more suspicious.

"Then why are you stuttering?" He asked straight away, observing her expressions.

"There's nothing. I prepared dinner so I'll go and heat it up now. You should go and change your clothes. Then we'll have dinner" she tried to escape him.

"Okay then let's meet at dinner. I'm very hungry today" he said and kissed her cheek all of sudden while passing her and going upstairs. Leaving her in shock, she touched her cheek where he placed kiss.

"What the hell" she murmured to herself as she blushed hardly.

Such an unbelievable man, she thought.

She took hurried steps and went to kitchen to heat up the food.
In ten minutes everything was on the table and she started to eat raw vegetables of salad as she waited for him. Her mother always used to wait for the whole family to sit down and then everyone used to start eating together. That's what she learned all her life. And now that's what she was doing in her own home.

He arrived after five minutes in his casual t shirt and trousers. No wonder why he always looked handsome despite having such illegal standards. Ayleen looked at him in awe for a moment and she realized she was gazing at him for too long.
She soon shifted her eyes as he came close. Nothing could get out the visions of last night, she witnessed of him. She was still hurt that he bought whores in home for his own pleasure despite knowing that he had a wife. It hurt alot. But after all she had no feelings for him. She wanted to accomplish her mission and run away.
And mostly which hurt her most was him making comments on her appearance.

"Why did you look away? You should look at your husband, it's legal" he said in mockery.

"You're not a husband to look at. A person who bring whores despite having a wife, in his own home, make disgusting comments on his wife's appearance is not a real man" she replied, sticking each needle into his flesh slowly.
But he remained calm.

"So you're jealous?" He asked with a expressionless face.

"Fuck being jealous! I'm not in love with you. What you did was disgusting, admit it!" She lost control and bursted.

"Hmm I see. Eat your food, we'll talk about it later" he was not moved by her changed tone.

He silently started eating leaving her enraged. She suddenly got up from her chair and rushed towards her room. She ran upstairs and locked herself in her room. He still remained calm at her stunt and finished his food alone.
He knew she needs time to relax herself.

After he completed his dinner he rushed upstairs to her. He tried to turn the knob but it was locked. It added fuel to his anger.
He knocked on the door loudly.