Chapter 7

I stand of that Henry, or whatever his name was, and twirl my knife in my hand. The room is dead silent, everyone waiting for my next move.

He kind of reminds me of my ex, from the looks of course. That bitch cheated on me and I shot him. But that's just fair, right?

I take my knife and stab him with full strength in his thigh, causing him to scream, music to my ears.

I twist the knife earning a little scream once again.

And again, only doing this to the other thigh, working my way up and down, working on his whole thigh.

If this won't work, we'll go for the dick. That's a man's treasure.

Even if he won't be able to use it after today one way or another.

"Still not talking?"

He's panting, glaring daggers at me.

Apropos daggers. I should switch to those now.

I sigh and walk around him to the table, laying the knife down and gliding my fingers on the many options of beautiful daggers before me.

I pick up the basic archer dagger, roam him and step right before him once again.

The dagger beautifully shines in the dim light as I inspect it with a smile.

"I like daggers." I told him conversationally, my tone pleasant.

Henry's eyes flicker to the dagger, then away.

"Daggers are quiet. Daggers never run out of bullets." I twirl the blade between my fingers and lean in, his sweaty and metally taste of rotting blood stench filling the air. I bring the blade under Henry's jaw, lifting his head with it to meet my eyes. "Guns are just unnecessarily loud and unpleasant, whereas daggers are quiet, fast and smooth." I murmur.

He only glares at me.

My nice persona drops, my serious and emotionless self replacing it.

"Do you know why you're here?" I interrogate.

"Because you're a bitch?"

That brings a smirk of amusement to my face. "A feisty one, I see."

I loudly sigh, tired from this evening.

"Look, we're all tired here, right? Why not just spill everything you know and your death won't be as painful?" I raise my brows suggestively.

The guy stares at me. A piercing stare filled with hatred towards me.

My eyes narrow with a steely resolve as I watch a glob of saliva suddenly hit the ground, my jaw clenching. His defiance was a slap in the face, a challenge I couldn't ignore. I exchanged a glance with Ace, a silent understanding passing between us. It was time to escalate.

With a cold determination, I stepped closer to the man, my gaze piercing into his soul. "You think you're tough," I hissed, my voice low and menacing. "But you have no idea what we're capable of."

I watched as fear flickered in his eyes, a glimmer of doubt breaking through his facade of arrogance. I could feel victory tantalizingly close, just beyond reach.

Ace moved forward, a silent shadow at my side, a switchblade glinting in the dim light of the room. With a flick of his wrist, he drew a thin line of blood along the man's cheek, a warning of what was to come.

"You want to play games?" I growled, my patience wearing thin. "Fine. But you're going to regret it."

As Ace's blade dances closer to the man's skin, inch by agonizing inch, I feel a rush of adrenaline surge through me. This is it. The moment of truth.

"You see, we're not asking nicely anymore," I murmur, my tone dripping with menace. "You have information, and we're going to get it, one way or another."

With each unanswered question, Ace violently strikes Henri's skin, leaving a trail of crimson in its wake. I remain stoic, my gaze unwavering as my new companion pushes the boundaries of pain and fear, determined to extract the truth from our captive.

As the interrogation stretches on, the air thick with tension and the metallic scent of blood, Ace and I find ourselves teetering on the edge of darkness, our alliance forged in the crucible of violence and desperation.

And finally, the man cracks, information spilling out like water. And with each revelation torn from the man's lips, a knot loosens in my chest.

"I don't know the name of the leader, only his most trusted men know his real identity. The man I work for-", he spits out blood, hunching over with another cough. At least as far as his restrains let him. "H-His name is Fuji Suzuki. H-He is-"

He gets interrupted, once again, by mine and Vanessa's laughter.

Our humor is broken but I mean, please. Who names his child after a water bottle and after a car company.

Our laughers died down, as all eyes of the room are directed at us. Some annoyed, cough Ace cough, others glaring, like our kind captured.

Everyone turns back to the guy, and he continues to talk, giving us more information on his boss's whereabouts.

After that was done, I snatched Aces gun and shot the guy in the head. A fast way to die. It was merciful, really. But I'm tired, and it seems as our next destination is Tokyo, Japan. Right tomorrow morning.

And as I look into Ace's eyes, a silent understanding passes between us. We are in this together, bound by blood and betrayal, forging ahead into the unknown.

__________________

updated