Chapter 10: baby business

11 July 2034

I just found out that I'm turning into a light sleeper, since I woke up to Jamie's kicking.

It's very weird, because one leg kicked the one side of my stomach, the other leg the other side. I swear he can do a split! And he's a fetus!

I keep getting cravings for raw salmon but I'm not even allowed to eat salmon because I'm pregnant. To keep myself busy I went baby clothes shopping (stuck to yellow and green) , and drew some pictures of what I think Jamie would look like.

When Brandon came home we watched the sixth sense. (Spoiler alert do not read unless you have seen the movie before)

In the middle, Brandon audio description suddenly turned on. "Guess what." He said.

"Mm?"

"The psychologist is actually dead. That's why his wife won't talk to him. She can't see him to talk to him."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you kidding me? That was like the worst spoiler alert ever!"

Brandon laughed and I smacked him with a pillow repeatedly. Soon we sat closer and snuggled next to each other.

I was trying to watch the movie but Brandon somehow found my face more fascinating. He kept staring at it and tracing his fingers alongside my cheek.

His index finger stopped on a spot on the side of my lower neck, sending shivers down my spine. "What's this?" He asked me.

"That's my birthmark. It's in the form of a five-leaf flower, which is ironic since my mother's mother was a florist. She used to call my mom 'little Fiore' because she has the same birthmark."

"Wow. Talk about a complicated family story. What does fiore mean?"

"It's Italian for flower. Grandma Jeanette was so sweet. I wish you could have met her."

He hummed in response. "I love you. Do you know that?" He asked playfully.

I looked him right in the eye and gave a genuine smile. "Of course I know! You tell me everyday. I love you too."

He lolled his head back and smiled. "Remember back in middle school, when we were still just teenagers, confused and immature with puberty and struggling to figure out who we were?"

I gave a light chuckle at the memory. "Yeah. Gosh, back then I just wanted to be noticed and popular. Today I realise that all of that wouldn't benefit me in any way whatsoever as an adult."

"Mm. Remember how we both crushed on each other and we were too scared of being rejected to tell one another?"

"You had a crush on me in middle school?" I was surprised that I was surprised.

"Why wouldn't I have one? You were and still are as radiant as the rising sun."

I couldn't help but blush. "Heh. To think I saw myself as a bullfrog." We both laughed.

I suddenly stopped breathing. Something pressed at my lungs and then my throat, causing me to gag.

Brandon was panicking but when I could breathe again I told him to relax. My baby just turned upside down, ready for birth.