Chapter 12: guests and gasps

5 August 2034

Wow. I have got to stop making gaps between entries, but it's really hard to get the time to write. Okay. I am struggling with being a mother.

Even with Brandon helping, it's very busy since the twins' sleeping schedules are exact opposite. While the one is asleep, the other is awake and grumpy.

You can read as many books about motherhood as you like and it still won't prepare you for becoming one.

I am writing this since a miracle happened and both Daniel and Kristen are asleep. Daniel's eyes look a lot like mine, but the resemblance between him and Brandon is amazing. He has the same thick bushy hair and perky nose, and rosy cheeks. He has my jade eyes.

Kristen looks like a baby me but with Brandon's golden brown eyes. I looked at her neck and she has my birthmark. So small yet so pure, the exact same five-leaf flower. They are probably the most wonderful mixture of Brandon and I that I could ever have imagined.

My family along with my friends came over today to visit.

At exactly 2 o'clock, Mom, Dad, Chloe, Marcus, Zoey, Mackenzie, Theodore, Ethan, Emma and lastly Brianna came in, holding the hand of a boy that I could barely just recognise because of his eyes.

A nearly fully grown Oliver was now standing in front of and looking down at me. Suddenly the inner fangirl of me popped out for a ramble.

"I knew it I knew it I knew it! Broooliver haaaappened and I kneeew it wooould!" I said in a sing song voice, and somehow Chloe and Zoey joined in, standing on either side of me and singing loudly to the (now blushing like strawberries) couple.

I laughed with my old besties until my sides hurt.
"I am just dying to see the babies!" Mackenzie squealed and jumped up and down.

"Well... When they wake up, I'll be happy to introduce them to you." I said with a warm smile.

Everyone launched into small talk, and I retreated into the kitchen to finish cooking the main meal.

Suddenly I felt strong arms snake stealthily around my waist, and I couldn't help but squeak. I turned my head to see the love of my life staring right back into my eyes, his lips stretched into a playful smile.

"Gotcha." He whispered into my ear, tickling my neck with his hair. I smiled and turned around to face him, giving him a peck on the lips. He wanted more.

He cupped my face and was back on my lips before I could say peekaboo. He was kissing softly yet desperately, moving around wildly on my lips. I was overwhelmed but loving it. I almost lost myself but the smell of burning fish brought me back to reality.

I pushed Brandon away and turned around. "Save it for later, the fish is ready." I stated and he clumsily kissed my cheek before going back to the guests.

I heard laughing and Brandon came back into the kitchen. "I forgot you had lipstick on." He laughed. I turned around to see Brandon with lipstick smeared messily all over his lips.

I laughed until I realised that it meant my lips were messed up as well.

I snuck into the bathroom and redid my lips. After that I walked into the living room.

I clapped my hands for attention. "Okay everyone! Lunch is ready and we will be serving kingklip with secret ingredients, salad and potatoes." I announced and everyone cheerily made their way to the dining table.

Brandon helped me get all the plates full of food from point A to point B. Dad prayed for us and we started eating.

Everyone complimented on the food and the uncomfortable silence was shattered. I saw Ethan take a nervous breath and stand up. "Okay. Uh... I would like to make a toast, on friends, family, and lovers." He said and lifted his glass, causing the rest of us to lift our glasses as well in cheers. He glanced at a smiling Mackenzie and took a shaky breath.

"And speaking of... of lovers, I... I would like to do the following." He said in an unsteady breath, and got down on one knee. Everyone gasped and was silent, Mackenzie's hands cupped over her mouth in shock.

He dug in his pocket and got out a small emerald green box. He opened it up and inside was a silver ring sprinkled in diamonds.

Mackenzie's eyes widened to the size of teacups and she gasped. Ethan took a deep and shaky breath, calming himself. "M-Mackenzie, will you marry me?" He asked and Mackenzie started crying out of happiness.

"Oh hell yes! Yes I will!" Mackenzie cried happily and lunged at Ethan, hugging him tightly. She planted sweet kisses all over his face while he laughed. All of us congratulated them. "I'm so happy for-" I was interrupted by the unexpected baby monitor, hushing everyone.

The twins were both awake and crying. "They're awake." I said with a smile. I made my way to their room with Brandon, and we quickly gave them formula.

Full baby=Happy baby. We carried them back to the dining room and the guests' faces lit up with happiness and adoreness. All the attention has immediately turned to the small bundles of joy.

I gave Kristen to mom for the first time so she could see her grand daughter, and I could only see love in her eyes. Kristen giggled at her and I melted at the sound of her laugh. I handed the squirming Daniel to my dad to see, and he opened his tiny misty blue eyes to explore his grandpa's face.

He smiled down at the wriggling infant and looked at me proudly. "You're going to be a wonderful mother, Nikki." He said with a grin. I felt two strong hands grip my shoulders and a presence come to my side.

"She already is." Brandon said next to me, causing me to blush.

Everyone awed at us. Mom and dad showed the rest of the guests the babies while we got the dessert ready, which was ice cream with berry sauce and custard. Simple and delicious.

Soon it was time for everyone to go. I greeted the guests. Brandon entertained the twins while I did the dishes. It was so nice to hear their giggles.

Now I have to stop writing. 'Till tomorrow, dear diary!

A/N: okay that's it for now! I might take a while for a new chapter since I'm literally two steps from exams, so sorry! P.S. If you're a fan of inspector gadget, please please PLEASE do me a favour and check out my new story! Luv u all my peeps!