Chapter 17: last dance

So sorry for the late update! I just finished with my four week finals, but now I'm back.

Today, was my last day. My last day on earth. Brandon died two months ago from old age. Tonight, I stood up from my death bed, and shuffled to the living room. As my feet stepped inside, I could feel all the years of old age disappear. I knew what was waiting for me.

I felt my back straighten, all the wrinkles lift from my face and my body, and old music fill my ears. I saw Brandon. He seemed to look younger. He was still just as handsome before he died.

I knew that Death would wear a familiar face, but I never thought it would be this familiar. He took my hand in his, and twisted me into his arms. We danced and danced for what seemed like an eternity, never breaking eye contact for a second.

"It's been a while." I whispered to Brandon, our cheeks brushing as we danced. "I was wondering when you'd come back to me. How are the kids?" He asked softly.

"They're... they're managing. We made them strong but... they miss you."

"Did you miss me?" He whispered, moving back to kiss my forehead like he always did.

"Terribly." I said, tilting my head up to meet his soft lips. We kissed in a way that seemed to take my breath away, and I knew that my time was fleeting. That doesn't matter though, does it?

"Are you ready for this?" He whispered with a sincere gentleness, and I wanted to reply yes but my nature made me reluctant. "Just a moment longer. I want to take it all in." I said, allowing myself to absorb the smell of his hair, the sound of the music and the softness of his touch. He seemed just as reluctant.

We moved slowly, wanting to stretch our time together. I took a last deep breath and accepted my fate. "I'm ready to go." I whispered, and Brandon nodded slowly.

"Come back to me." He said softly, and touched my forehead. I felt my heart stop, and the world slowed down as I fell to my back against the cold wooden floor, with a smile on my face.

I felt my soul leave my body, and suddenly, I was as light as a feather. My hands were young and a bit transparent. I was drifting upwards, and at heaven's gate, waiting for me, was Brandon, with his crooked smile and soft eyes welcoming me into his arms.

The end

ALRIGHTY! THAT IS THE END OF OUR STORY! Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it! I know, I know, it's short and sudden, but not to worry! I have plenty of other stories for you guys to read!

If you are interested in art, or need someone to draw you something, feel free to check out my "an Artist's guide to the galaxy" book!

If you like fluffy oneshots, I have a oneshot book full of them! (No smut, though, I still have some dignity left.)

I also wrote a book of Inspector Gadget, called "Time and Again" and it includes time travel, adventure, romance, light comedy and action!

If you like Miraculous Ladybug, feel free to check out the latest one, the artist and the model!

Please check them out if you liked this! Love you guys to the moon and back! Author out.