15| Husband

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Husband

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 15: Husband (Ava's POV)

"Ava." 

I snapped out my zoned-out state and looked at my bedroom door where Ashton stood. "Hmm, yeah?" I asked. 

"We have to leave soon, start getting ready." 

"Yeah, okay." I stood up and forced myself into the shower. 

Today's my big day. The dream every little girl dreams of at some point, most girls my age and around it even have it all planned out in Kilthorne, but I had no plans of getting married at twenty-one, let alone to Rhys. That's exactly what's happening today. 

I took a shower, taking my time to wash my hair and body. When I walked out of the bathroom with my hair in a towel and my robe on, I was greeted by my mom and a woman that I've never met before. "Um, hello," I said awkwardly. I pulled the towel out of my hair. 

"This is Margret, she's my friend's sister." 

"Oh, hi," I smiled. 

She looked me up and down. Okay, no smiles. 

"She's here to get you ready for the wedding." 

I blinked once then twice. "I'm sorry, what?" Not even five minutes later and I'm sitting at my vanity while she brushes my damp hair. 

"Can you do makeup or no?" She lifted a brow at me through the mirror. 

"I... can? I- I suppose?" 

"You sure?" 

"Yes?" 

She stared at me doubtfully. 

"No? I'll take that as a no. I guess I can't?" 

"You know what, why don't you just do it, Margret?" Mom huffed. 

"Jesus, all right." She put hair up in rollers that were pulling strands of hair that I couldn't even locate and then she started doing my makeup. 

"Is this necessary?" I looked up at my mother with one eye while Margret put eyeshadow on the other. 

"Hold still," she demanded. 

"I am," I said through gritted teeth. "I could have gotten ready myself." 

"Yeah right," Margret scoffed. 

I closed my eyes, letting out an angry huff and just keeping my mouth shut, hoping this would all be over soon. Nearly an hour later, she pulled out the last roller. "There we go." I sighed in relief, standing up. "Finally." 

She grabbed my shoulders and forced me back into my seat. "We're not done yet, honey." 

I rolled my eyes and glared at my mom through the mirror. She sent me a pointed look and I prayed to the lord one more time and kept my virtue of patience intact a little longer. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I was sitting in the church dressing room, waiting for my dad to come get me. Victoria agreed to be my bridesmaid when I asked her a few days ago and she left just a second ago to walk down the aisle with the groomsman, Ashton. And now I'm pacing. And panicking. And regretting. And looking for a window to run out of.