26| Coffee

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Coffee

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 26: Coffee (Rhys' POV)

"Good night!" Ava and I called out after dinner that night as we headed up to our rooms. 

"Since your parents are going out tomorrow, does that mean we can too?" she asked as I opened the door to our room, holding it for her. 

"We can if you would like to. Would you?" 

She shrugged. "They're going for a meeting. We should just stay, we can have fun here, right?" 

"Right," I nodded, chuckling. We changed, got ready for bed, I turned the lights off, and then we both lay down, letting out soft sighs. 

We were just lying there in silence when she spoke up. "Rhys." 

I turned my head to look at her. "Yeah?" 

She was still staring at the ceiling. "I know where Brooke is." 

I watched her for a minute, confused. "What?" 

She faced me. "I talked to her." 

I blinked in surprise. "Oh." 

"I didn't know she was going to run like that and I had no idea where she was at the beginning. But Ashton did." 

"Oh, he did?" 

She nodded. "He caught her sneaking out of the house but he didn't stop her. She calls once in a while to check in with us, but my parents still don't know. I'm telling you because I don't want to hide it from you, and I don't want you to think that I knew she was running, I really didn't." 

I nodded. "That's okay. I believe you. You wouldn't let her run if you knew. You hated me then. And I gave you every reason to, so it's fair." She seemed to relax a bit as I said that. "Is she all right?" I lifted a brow. 

"She's so happy," she chuckled softly. "Living with Griffin is perfect for her. She's so in love with him, he's so in love with her, his parents love her too. They're going to get married." 

"Wow," I laughed, shocked to hear that. "Brooke is getting married? I thought they weren't ready to get married." 

"Griffin feels bad that she has to choose between him and her own family. Mom and Dad told Brooke that they would only accept him if they got married. So they're getting married. She won't move back. But she'll visit once in a while. I'm also telling you this because only Ashton and I can go to the wedding. She doesn't want our parents there, she's scared they won't let it happen. Do you want to come with me?" 

I tucked her hair behind her ear. "Of course I want to come with you." 

Her eyes narrowed just a bit. "Do you want to come with me or do you not want me to go alone?" 

"Either or." 

She rolled her eyes, chuckling dryly.