3 - College

Fuck my life

Fuck my life.

This was supposed to be an exciting day and I am already willing to punch someone or something.

Uncle Jake decided he wanted a game night yesterday because it's his day off tonight. And I couldn't say no to him. Who can say no to him? 

Apparently, only my mother.

So we played PlayStation, I beat his ass several times and he got me drunk. Drunk enough that I didn't hear the fucking alarm and ended up failing to attend the first class.

Not only that and Abby threw a fit because I didn't call her yesterday night or even this morning. She's always been dramatic but these past few days since I've been gone, she's been dramatic to the extreme.

Fuck, I am so late.

I run out of the car, slamming the door on my way out.

The way to the class is a blur and when I get there, I interrupt the class. All eyes are on me while the teacher stops speaking too, looking at me with an arched eyebrow.

"You lost?" The teacher asks.

"Uhm, no Sir, just late," I say, with a cringe.

"Name?" He asks, looking down at his paper, totally dismissing the fact that I was late.

Dad had told me they don't care in college but they were too annoying at high school that I was expecting a big scold or being sent to the Principal.

I guess not. Good.

"Davis. Dylan Davis, sir." 

"Sit down, then. Do not call me sir and please try and be on time next time around."

"Yes, thank you." 

I sit down closer to the back in the only free spot in that row, without really noticing who's around me. It's only when I sit down and hear a loud groan that I look to my right, my body tensing at the sight.

Brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin and dark and revealing clothes. Extremely beautiful even with a scowl on her face, it's the girl I've fallen onto a few days back.

"What are you looking at?" she hisses.

"Uh, n-nothing." I stutter, looking back onto the teacher.

My heart beats erratically inside my chest and I try a few breaths, to calm down. Never in my life have I been this nervous around a girl, not even when I started getting feelings for Abby.

I am usually confident and brave. I have never felt intimidated by anyone, especially not a girl.

And yet...

My nostrils flare when her scent hits. 

Green apple and passion fruit. It's fresh and intoxicating.

I groan internally at my body's reactions, before turning my body away from her slightly, to avoid getting a whiff of her scent again. It's too addicting.