34 - No.

Focusing was never hard for me

Not until now.

Not until Her.

But goddamn, How can I even focus on cleaning the dishes if she keeps humming and swaying her hips, I see this as purposefully trying to tempt me.

" How long will it take you to dry one plate, Dylan?"

"Depends for how long to keep teasing me", I snicker.

"Stop acting like a hormonal teenager."

That's it.

The clatterings of the ceramic plates being roughly placed on the counter rings in my years, but I ignore it moving to her.

"Dylan..."

"Hmm?" I feign innocence.

"Your famil- " Luna gasps as my cheeky hand grabs her hip and presses her against my front.

"My mom is putting my siblings to sleep and she'll be off to bed right after with dad." 

"And your uncle?"

"Is snoring like a goddamn pig in the living room," I finish her sentence.

"But he could wake up at any time and find us here, in the kitchen. Again..."

"I know," I whisper to her here there's my fingers trail the edge of her cargo pants.

"Dylan?"

My uncle's voice sounds from down the corridor and Luna jumps off of my hold as if I was on fire.

"Don't forget to sanitize the counter before going to bed," he snickers, lazily.

"Don't worry, I'll leave it extra moisturized just for you!"

Luna swats at my chest, just as uncle Jake flips me the bird before heading off to bed.

"You're an asshole," she mutters.

"He deserved it." 

"Still, he's your uncle." 

"He's more my friend than an uncle. He's fine, don't worry." 

My arms wrap around her waist, pulling her to me. There's no resistance to keeping her distance as she would at the beginning and it giddies me up so much but at the same time that it calms my heart. Convincing me that she won't escape at the first scare.

A yawn escapes her lips and I can't help but pinch her bottom. She yelps and smacks my chest, "Asshole! I'm tired."

"No sleeping 'till I get my birthday present." 

"And who said I bought you something?"

"Even if you had, that's not what I'm talking about," I smirk.

Luna raises her eyebrow. But before she can even react properly, I hoist her up and place her on my shoulder. Just like the other times, in the past.

"Dylan, fucking put me down," she grits.