Chapter 5

Yashiro stopped in front of the girls' bathroom. You stared at the door in shock. "Nene-chan, didn't you not want me to come here?" you asked. Yashiro nodded, but she turned to you. "I feel like I don't have a choice now, " she responded. Gulping, you stepped inside with her.

"Hanako-kun! I need some help!" Yashiro cupped her hands over her mouth and yelled. "Hanako-kun...?" you mumbled to yourself. Isn't her name Hanako-san ? Both of you stood there for a moment, before a carefree voice spoke up. It seemed to come from thin air.

"I'm here~" the voice sang. Suddenly, a floating boy hovered right in front of Yashiro's face. The girl squealed and jumped back. You caught her by the shoulders as she jumped. "Ahaha! You're such a scaredy-cat, Yashiro! Oooh, who's this? They're so cute~!" the boy chirped happily.

Your eyes focused on the boy. He seemed a little taken aback by your action. "Hold up, can you..." the boy floated towards you and stopped inches from your face. "Can you see me?" he asked. You backed away from him, a red embarrassed blush faintly present on your cheek.

"Umm, yeah..." you said awkwardly. He suddenly cupped your face in his hands and began examining you closely. "H-Hey! What the heck are you doing?" you yelled, pulling away from him. "Hmm...you don't seem to be a supernatural. You're a human, " the boy hummed.

"Hanako-kun, they could see the Mokke! And they don't know how they can, " Yashiro explained. The ghost boy cupped his face in thought. "I don't really know how to explain this. This is quite strange, actually. You're just a human who can see spirits, I guess, " he concluded.

"There's no serious conclusion for this? Hanako-kun, I though you would now!" Yashiro complained. The boy shrugged and smiled wryly. You cleared your throat. "So, I'm assuming that you really are Hanako-san. But, I thought Hanako-san was a girl, " you said.

"Yeah, about that. Everything else in the rumour is true, the only miscommunicated part is my gender. I'm actually a boy~!" Hanako explained. You nodded in undertstanding. You suddenly turned to Yashiro. "Nene-chan, how can you see all the spirits?" you questioned her.

"Oh...uhh..." Yashiro seemed hesitant to say it. "Yashiro and I have formed a bond with each other on the first day we met. She has become my assistant, which gives her the ability to see all the supernaturals of this school, " Hanako explained for her, smiling widely at you.

"Oh. It almost seems like you two are dating, " you joked. Yashiro's face went bright red as Hanako laughed at that statement. "No! It's nothing like that! I'd never date Hanako-kun in a million years!" Yashiro rambled in embarrassment. You chuckled softly at her outburst.

You caught a glimpse of Hanako, who seemed to be a little hurt. 'Ah, I see...' you thought to yourself, smiling slightly. You suddenly remembered your club. "Ah! I have to get going! It's almost time for my club!" you exclaimed, turning to run out of the bathroom quickly.

"Bye bye! It was nice meeting you...uh..." Hanako put a finger on his cheek. "The name's Y/N L/N!" you called out quickly. "Oh! It was nice meeting you, L/N~!" Hanako called. He waved his hand. After you were gone, he opened his eyes and a serious expression overtook him.

"Y/N L/N...they're a peculiar one..."

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I was talking to a friend and lost track of the time, " you apologized once you got to your clubroom. Sakura turned to you, a small smile present on her usually serious expression. "No, no, it's fine. Come on in and take a seat, Y/N, " she said warmly.

You walked inside and sat on a large sofa that was in the middle of the room. You looked around the room. It was quite dark, and was decorated a little weirdly. "Umm...Sakura-chan. I forgot to ask you this, but what do you all usually do in this club?" you asked the green-haired girl.

"Oh, we don't do much. We just find new rumours to spread in this school, " Sakura told you. You tilted your head at her explanation. "Rumours? You mean, rumours about the Seven Wonders?" you asked. "Ah, so you've heard. Yes, more or less, " Sakura nodded at her seat.

"L/N-chan~?" you felt arms wrap around your neck, and someone nuzzle your cheek. "Hey, hey, L/N-chan! I'm so glad to see you again!" the cheerful ghost boy said, faint red blush present on his face. You reached up to touch his arms. "Ack--! Umm, hey, Tsukasa..." you choked.

"Uhh- you're kind of choking me-" you tried to say to Tsukasa. He didn't listen and kept on hugging you. "Hey, kid, you're hurting them, " Natsuhiko's voice could be heard. Tsukasa detached himself from you and floated away. "Hehe...you okay?" he asked you.

"Haah...yeah. Thank you, Natsuhiko-senpai, " you said, rubbing your neck. "It's no problem. That kid's always a bit clingy, you'll get used to it, " Natsuhiko chuckled. You nodded and clasped your hands together. Silence filled the room, it felt rather boring to you.

"Hm..." you hummed quietly. You were still thinking about your ability to see spirits. It was weird that without any supernatural powers, you were able to interact with them. You looked down at your hands rather tiredly. Things have been so hectic every since you came to this school.

But you had to admit it had also been...nice. Yashiro and Aoi were kind friends who had made you feel welcomed at this school. Sakura, Natsuhiko, and Mitsuba were nice, though they were a little strange. Hanako seemed to be sweet person, so you liked him too. But, all that aside...

It was just Tsukasa. You couldn't help but feel like he wasn't the childish, clingy boy he makes himself out to be. You felt like he was powerful and strong. It made you fear him a little. Your eyes trailed over to where Tsukasa. He was clinging onto Sakura, laughing and singing.

Uhh...maybe he wasn't as threatening as you thought.