Chapter 22

"You just need to believe..." you exhaled, clutching your bag tightly as you struggled. You found that everything was easier if you just forced yourself to believe in a reality that wasn't true. You could be seen, and everyone treated you normally. You could live an easy life, if you believed.

But it was difficult. It was difficult to believe when you knew that you weren't one way, but really the other. No matter what was true, you didn't want to submit to the fact that you were a ghost. You just wanted to live normally. Or else all your memories were for absolutely nothing.

Right now, it was after school, and you struggled to keep a happy persona all day. You were happy that you could finally relax a little. But now you needed to go to your club, and face everyone there. Oh well, you survived the whole day, surely you can get through this.

You arrived at the club, plastering on a bright smile. "Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing?" you asked in a sweet tone. Tsukasa immediately wrapped himself around you, beaming. "L/N-chaaan~! I'm doing good! I missed you so much!" Tsukasa said. You smiled down at him.

Honestly, you couldn't figure out how you felt about him. He was powerful, yet so childish and cheerful. It made your face heat up. You didn't know what you felt for the ghost boy. "It's lovely to see you again to, Tsu-chan, " you sighed contentedly, happy to be back at your club.

Tsukasa went silent, red blush creeping up onto his face. "A-Ah.." he managed to stutter out, floating away from you and to Sakura. You also blushed at the unconcious use of his nickname. Sakura chuckled and walked up to you, her eyes holding a certain gentleness to them.

"Good afternoon, Y/N. We're all doing fine, thank you. More importantly, how are you?" she asked softly. You smiled at her and nodded. "I'm doing perfectly fine!" you lied, trying your best not to show your struggles. Sakura's smile faltered a little when she heard that.

"Y/N..can we go talk outside, please?" she requested. You nodded again, wondering what Sakura had to say. She closed the door behind her and faced you with a slightly worried expression. "Y/N, I'm a little worried about you. I've seen you a few times during school, " Sakura said.

You blinked at her. "You seemed to be struggling with sometimes, and you looked very drained. Please tell me what's bothering you, " she said in a gentle tone, putting a comforting hand on your shoulder. You tensed up, debating on whether or not you should tell Sakura.

Sakura was a stoic girl, but she had a kind-heart. So you took a deep breath and started confiding in your troubles. "Sakura-chan..I've discovered something about myself. When I was in that other world, I saw something..it scared me, " you said, clutching your bag.

"What was that thing, may I ask?" she said. "I found out that Ichigo-san..is actually me. I'm the School Wonder, I'm the one who killed those kids.." you turned your head, unable to face Sakura. The green-haired girl's eyes widened a bit as she listened to your words.

"Y/N, you are Ichigo-san? But then, if you're a ghost, how can everyone see you?" Sakura asked. "It's a matter of belief. I believed that I was alive, so everyone else believed too. That's why I've been struggling today. I struggled to make everyone see me.." you lowered your head.

"Y/N.." Sakura didn't know what to say. You looked down at your arm and saw that you were fusing with the air again. "Ah! I let my guard down! I'm turning into a ghost again!" you cried. "Don't worry about it. Even if you're a ghost, I can still see you, " Sakura reassured you.

Oh..that's right. Sakura can see ghosts, just like Yashiro. "Sakura-chan, what should I do? Do I have to just accept that I'm a ghost?" you looked up at Sakura, your eyes glossy. "I'm afraid so. We'll help you get used to it, " she tried to comfort you, but you weren't having it.

"N-No! I'm not a ghost! I was born a human, and I grew up a human! If I am a ghost, all these memories were for nothing! I'm not going to listen to anyone! I am a human, no matter what anyone says!" you lost control of your emotions, which caused you to act irrational.

"Y/N, calm down. You need to accept your position as a School Wonder, " Sakura reached out to try and relax you, but you swatted her hand away out of instict. "No, you're wrong! You're..You're all wrong!" you cried, turning and running down the hallway, tears falling from your eyes.

"Y/N, wait-!" but Sakura's cries were useless. You had snapped, refusing to listen to anyone any longer. The door opened and Tsukasa floated out, looking a bit concerned. "Sakura, what happened? I heard L/N-chan screaming..did you do something?" he asked the girl.

"Tsukasa, there's something you need to know. Ichigo-san is not actually named Yui, they're name is Y/N. Yes..Y/N is actually a ghost, " Sakura explained. "Then..Then where'd they go?" Tsukasa asked frantically. Sakura pointed down the corridor where you had ran.

"L/N-chan went that way..? Sakura, I'm going after them!" Tsukasa turned to Sakura, a determined glint in his eyes. He immediately started floating down the hallway, gulping with nervousness. Sakura just watched as the ghost boy desperately tried to find you.

She went back inside, avoiding Natsuhiko's casual questions. She sat down and pulled out a book, opening it up. When she thought of Tsukasa looking for you, she smiled to herself. She had known something that Tsukasa himself had failed to notice. She knew she was right.

Tsukasa had fallen deeply in love with you.

And now he was doing his part, he knew he couldn't hide his true feelings from you anymore. Sakura stared up at the ceiling, the smile not leaving her face. "Go get them, Tsukasa.." she whispered to herself, lowering her head and starting to read her book quietly.