Chapter 8

"Hanako-kun, Nene-chan, what are you doing?" you asked, as you entered the bathroom. It had been a few weeks, and you've grown quite close to Hanako and Yashiro. Hanako floated towards you and ruffled your hair fondly. "Nothing really. Yashiro's just complaining again, " he said.

"I really want to go on this date, Hanako-kun! Murata-kun's super cute and handsome, he's exactly my type!" Yashiro pleaded, grabbing onto her apron. Yashiro has to clean the bathroom Hanako lives in, as she is his assisstant now. You chukled lightly at your friend's struggles.

"I don't want you to! You have to stay here and clean the bathrooms, my lovely assisstant, it's exactly fair. You're the one who got involved with me, y'know?" Hanako said, putting his hands on Yashiro's shoulders and getting close to her face. The girl squealed and backed into you.

Yashiro flipped around and held onto your shoulders, tears welling up in her eyes. "See how mean he is to me!? Hanako-kun's such a ghastly apparition!" Yashiro wailed, burying her face into your chest. You laughed a little loudly, patting her back as a form of comfort for her.

"There, there. Hanako-kun's right. You did get involved with him, so it's only fair you offer him your hard work ethic, " you encouraged her. Yashiro stood up straight and wiped her face. "But this date is really important! Murata-kun might be waiting, you know?" Yashiro begged.

"Murata-kun? Ah, Shoji Murata-kun, right? Nene-chan, what did he ask you to do?" you asked. "Well, if you really want to know...he asked me to organize files in the classrooms, " she stated. "Nene-chan, I don't think he's asking you on a date..." you tried to reason with the girl.

"He-He might not be good with date ideas, and!-"

"Munata-kun has a girlfriend, Nene-chan..."

The white-haired girl froze at those words and her eyes went wide with shock. She slowly walked towards you, not saying a word. Yashiro suddenly collapsed into you. "I WENT AND THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING ELSE, Y/N-CHAN" she sobbed, gripping onto your uniform.

"N-Nene-chan..." was all you managed to get out. You patted her head as the girl cried into your uniform. "Geez, Yashiro, you really get carried away, don't you? Well, that's okay. You can just stay with me, can't you?" Hanako said in a low voice, hugging Yashiro from behind.

"Eh..!" Yashiro squeaked, a red blush creeping onto her cheeks. She wriggled out of his grip and continued yelling at the ghost boy. You stared at both of them, a small smile on your face. Your eyes fell on Hanako, who was laughing at Yashiro's chaotic behaviour, looking so happy.

He couldn't have possibly killed his brother...right?

"Nene-chan, Hanako-kun, I have to go now! I'll see you both tomorrow if I can, bye!" you called, turning around and running out of the bathroom. Yashiro waved as you ran out, so did Hanako. You quickly ran out and sprinted to the garden, a determined sparkle in your eyes.

If Ichigo-san really existed, then maybe she could grant you a wish. You could change your life and make your mother proud. The garden came into view, and you saw the strawberry bed Ichigo-san had supposedly been buried in. You stood in front of it, gulping nervously.

You slowly squatted down and put your bag aside. The strawberries looked so normal, could they really change colour and determine your future. Slowly, your eyes closed. You reached out and felt for the strawberries. You caught hold of one, and ever so gently, plucked it out.

Your eyes opened and you peeked down at the strawberry. It was a bright and vibrant red colour, making you sigh in disappointment. "Ichigo-san doesn't want to speak with me..." you mumbled, your hand lowring. You closed your eyes for a moment, before opening them and-

Eh. . . . ?

The strawberry...was now a light and pure white colour. "But this was just...red, " you mumbled in disbelief. You dropped the strawberry and blinked two times. Upon blinking, the strawberry then turned a dark and menacing black colour. "You're only supposed to get one.."

You stood up and looked at the strawberry on the ground. "So it's you, is it..." a voice was audible, but you were too scared to stay and listen. You immediately took off running, the Broadcasting Club was your safe haven, you knew that they could calm you down.

"Ahh..." a girl's voice sighed in confusion.

"Sakura-chan? Natsuhiko-senpai?" you asked the moment you opened the clubroom door, sweat dripping down down your forehead. "Y/N-chan, you like you ran a marathon. Is everything okay?" Sakura asked gently, standing up and walking towards you. You debated with yourself.

Should you tell Sakura about your problems? It wasn't like you didn't trust her, you just didn't want to trouble her. "No, I thought I was running late. The clock must've been wrong..." you lied, smiling a bit. Sakura giggled lightly and ushered you to go sit down. You sat on the sofa.

You felt two amber eyes staring at your panting figure, and you looked beside you. "L/N-chan, you look very tired. Where were you running from?" Tsukasa asked, floating down next to you. "...The garden, " you said quietly. After all, a garden was a normal place to be in, nothing weird.

"Ohh, were you planting flowers...or were you trying to do something?" Tsukasa leaned a bit closer, causing you shift uncomfortably. "Uh-no. I wasn't doing anything weird. I was just...looking at those new flowers that have been planted, " you tried to lie.

"Oh really? That's so cute!" Tsukasa raised his arms and cried cheerfully. You smiled awkwardly at his childish antics. You really couldn't read Tsukasa at all. He was such a strange ghost boy that you felt you should be afraid of...but then again he was weirdly likeable at times.

"Sakura-chan, what are we doing today?" you asked Sakura. "Not anything really. We don't have new rumours to spread..." she replied in a soft voice. You felt someone rest their head on your shoulder and slowly cling to your arm. "Huh- Tsukasa!?" you said in embarrassement.

"Quiet down, L/N-chan. I've not had a nap for so long! I'd like to have one now, " Tsukasa said with an innocent smile. You turned your head to hide your shy face. 'Yeah, but do you really have to lean on my shoulder like that!?' you thought to yourself, closing your eyes slowly.