Chapter 16

It had been a few days since that encounter with Yui. You decided not to associate too much with her, and get your school year done with. After doing that, you felt a bit more relaxed and could keep up with your mother's demands, along with your schoolwork that was piling up.

And also, you missed the Broadcasting Club. It was such a nice place where you could have a calm chat with Sakura, joke around with Natsuhiko, and have deep conversations with Mitsuba. They truly made you feel better about things. But the person you missed the most was Tsukasa.

He was so childish and active, always hugging you and asking you to play. Even if he could get a little clingy and loud, he made you feel much warmer than anyone could. For some reason, all that intimidation you used to feel suddenly withered away, and all that was left was joy.

Today, you were excited for the final bell to ring. You were going back to the club. It had been nice to hang out with Hanako and see his many encounters with Yashiro and Kou, but you knew the Broadcasting Club was where you belonged. You loved it, and missed it very much.

The bell rang, indicating the end of the school day. You started packing up your things, a warm glow spreading throughout your body. Finally, you could go back to the club you knew and loved. You slung your bag over your shoulder and exited the classroom happily.

"L/N-san, where are you going?" Yui's voice rung in your ears, but it sounded like a strained tone. "Umm...to my club. I'm gonna go now-" you tried to open the door quickly, but she grabbed your wrist. Inside, you began to panic a little, but you refused to show it on your face.

"You have to help me with something. Could you please come over here?" Yui sounded a little desperate. Perhaps this wasn't like those creepy encounters, and Yui actually needed help. "Alright, what do you need help with, Yu-chan?" you turned around to face the girl.

She took your hands in hers, her bangs still shadowing her eyes. She had that eerie smile on her face as she looked at you. "L/N-san, you need to come to your senses. And once you do, give your position to me, " Yui said, the aura around her getting more sinister by the second.

"Yu-chan..could you let me go? I need to go to my club and...Yu-chan, you're hurting me!" her grip on your hands began tightening. She began struggling to keep that smile on her face. Her head suddenly whipped upwards and she stared at you. You saw nothing but rage.

"How long will it take you to realize? Are you that dense? Are you that stupid!?" Yui lost control, squeezing your hands as hard as she could. "Yu- Yu-chan! Please just let me go! I don't know what the hell you're going on about!" you desperately tried to wriggle out of her grasp.

You squealed in pain. "I'm not going to let you go. I'm going to make you realize, right here, right now, that you've completely lost your memories!" Yui spat at you spitefully. You looked at the angry girl. "Well, you've completely lost your mind!" you yelled back. Yui glared at you.

She shoved you backwards, and you stumbled a bit. "I can't stand it! You prancing about every day, not aware of the power you hold! The power anyone would kill to hold! You're just so dense that I wouldn't mind killing you right now!" you flinched at her harsh tone and words.

"Oh, that's right! You're already dead!"

Your eyes snapped open as you looked at the girl in front of you. "Dead..? Yu-chan, what do you mean?" you asked in a hushed tone, shock taking over. Yui smiled at you softly, but you knew that was just her a gentle act. "L/N-san, you heard me. You're dead~" she sang happily.

"That isn't true..." you clenched your fists, tears filling your eyes. You were so tired of everything that's been happening lately. All you wanted to do was run away and cry. "I'm afraid it is! You're dead and you're-" you didn't want to hear it. "I DON'T GET IT!" you yelled in despair.

"Huh?" Yui asked, arching an eyebrow. "I don't get why everyone's always after me. I don't even know what you're talking about. My mother's always pestering me, I'm so tired and sleepy, and now you're after me about some 'position'. I don't know what you're saying!" you wailed.

"Pfft- Haha! You don't know what I'm talking about?" Yui laughed. You had covered your face with your hands, panicking a little. Yui arched an eyebrow and sighed. She reached her hand out, and you heard something behind you. It sounded so empty yet terrifying.

Your eyes trailed behind, and you saw a dark void of nothingness. It was agape, a black abyss leading endlessly to who knows where. Tears were blurring your vision, but you could see black, inky tentacles slithering out and onto the floor. They slowly raised themselves onto you.

The tentacles coiled around your arms and legs, staining your clothes with their dark inkiness. You gasped and tried to pull away. "What..What's happening!?" was all you could choke out, fear getting stuck in your throat. Yui looked at you, a fake sad expression on her pale face.

"You know, I really liked you, L/N-san...but I can't have you not knowing what I want from you. So bye-bye to you~" she said, waving childishly. You opened your mouth to scream, but a tentacle wrapped itself around your jaw and mouth, preventing you from speaking.

Once you were restrained, you felt yourself getting pulled backwards. Your eyes widened as tears spilled from your E/C eyes. Falling, falling...the entrance got smaller as the tentacles continued to pull you. Further and further into the emptiness of the dark void.

And slowly, your vision became blurry, and went black as well...