Chapter 13

"I really don't know what's happening. If only you could offer me advice...I'd love that.." you sighed, reaching your hand out and gently poking the Mokke in front of you. It reached somewhere and pulled out some candy. You smiled wearily at the innocent creature.

Lately, the Mokke had become something you could talk to. Even if they couldn't respond, they listened and made you feel lighter. You unwrapped the candy and placed into your mouth, a warm glow spreading throughout your body when you tasted the sweet treat on your tongue.

"Jeez! I feel so dramatic, acting like I've won the lottery when I'm really only eating candy. But sometimes simple things feel the best. Like lying under the warm sun, or drinking something that's just warm enough. Isn't it strange?" you continued spilling your thoughts out.

The Mokke blinked at you and nodded, its beady eyes glimmering. You sighed before continuing to suck the candy. It was a boring day at school, and Yashiro was busy with something else. Aoi was dealing with Akane's constant love and affection, which you found really cute.

"Mokke..Mokke..why did the universe decide not to have you talk back~?" you said in a sing-song voice, your eyes softening as tiredness set in. Exams weren't too far away so that meant your freetime was limited. School was your safe haven, where you had friends and fun.

"L/N-san?" a familiar voice made you jump. "Oh..yes, Yu-chan?" you replied, reluctantly spinning around to face the girl. There was a small smile on her face as she gazed at you. "L/N-san, may I ask you a question?" she asked, closing her eyes. You gulped before replying with a mere "yeah".

"Have you heard of Ichigo-san of the Garden?"

Your breath hitched as you hesitantly nodded, trying not to let your composure fall. "Don't you think that rumour is interesting? Ichigo-san...she has the same name as me, " Yui's eyes snapped open and she looked right at you. You felt uncomfortable as she stared at your figure.

"I kind of want to...try and summon her! Ahaha, that sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? I mean, people tease me for believing in that kind of stuff.." Yui reverted back to her shy, flustered self. She scratched her cheek, sweatdropping. You were a bit wary of her, but nodded anyway.

"It's fine I...kind of believe it in too.." you said absent-mindedly. Yui's head hung low, a creepy smile spreading onto her face. The girl started to slowly walk towards you, her bangs shadowing her eyes in a menacing way. "Uh..Yu-chan?" you mumbled, backing up against the table.

She suddenly grabbed your wrist and held it up, gripping it tightly. You hissed in pain when you felt her squeeze it until it bruised slightly. "Umm..Yu-chan, what do you think you're doing?" you decided to ask her, fear setting in. "It's interesting, isn't it? Ghosts and stuff..." she said.

"Uh-" you cut yourself off when you couldn't think of anything to say. You were in a slightly panicked state. "L/N-san...let's have a lot of fun discussing apparitions and spirits. Okay?" Yui's eyes were wide and almost filled with insanity. Your own eyes widened in fright.

You quickly nudged her out of the way and ran to get your bag. "I'm sorry, Yu-chan! I'm going to be late for my club! I'll...see you tomorrow, okay?" you quickly said, not wasting any time in running away. Yui just stared at you, her usually gentle blue eyes lifeless and drained.

"How long can you keep this up..?"

.

.

.

.

.

"L/N-chan! I thought you weren't gonna show up!" Tsukasa tackled you into a hug, nuzzling your cheek affectionately. You were still a bit freaked out by Yui earlier, so Tsukasa's childish demeanor helped you calm down a little. "Well, I'm here now.." you managed to say.

"Y/N, are you okay? You look a bit shaken up, " Sakura's soft voice asked you. You nodded, not wanting to say anything in front of anyone else and ruin the mood. "It's just the stress of studies, no big deal, Sakura-chan!" you put on a cheerful tone and smiled as wide as you could.

Sakura looked like she didn't fully believe you, but didn't say anything. "L/N-chaaan! I wanna play! How about tag!?" Tsukasa impatiently asked you, rocking back and forth. "Tag? How about we play something less energetic for a change...like chess?" you suggested a little wearily.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look like the life's been drained out of you! No pun intended, of course, " Tsukasa floated upside down in front of your face. You stumbled back a bit. "Yeah, I'm totally fine..." you replied weakly. Tsukasa didn't believe it and just stared at your face.

He suddenly whipped behind you and began lifting you up. "Ah-! Tsukasa, what are you doing!?" you exclaimed in surprise. "L/N-chan, you need a nap! Urgently!" he said, floating over to the couch. He placed you down gently and made sure you were in a comfortable position.

You turned your body and faced him. A light red blush spread onto your cheeks when you saw Tsukasa watching you with a smile on his face. "Can you not get to sleep?" Tsukasa suddenly suggested, cupping his cheeks in his hands. You had been having some troubles with sleeping.

Suddenly, two fingers were pressed against your forehead. "Don't worry, I can help you. Sleep tight, L/N-chan~" Tsukasa's voice came out in a soft and comforting tone. You felt drowsiness start to take over your body, and before you knew it, your eyes shut and you fell asleep.

"You seem to care a lot about Y/N-chan, huh?" Natsuhiko's teasing voice reached Tsukasa's ears. He turned around in confusion. "L/N-chan's not doing too good, of course I'll care about them..." Tsukasa brushed your bangs aside, taking in your serene expression as you slept peacefully.

"They look so adorable when they sleep..." he sighed dreamily, not knowing of the faint pink blush on his cheeks. "What do you think, m'lady?" Natsuhiko asked. Sakura exhaled and turned to him. "Yes, I think he's falling too..." she said, looking at how gentle Tsukasa was with you.