Chapter 6

"Y/N, wake up, " you felt someone shake your shoulder gently. Your eyes fluttered open and you saw Sakura's face quite close to yours. "Sakura-chan? Ahh, what time is it?" you rubbed your eyes and sat up. "It's about 6.30 p.m. Club time is over, you can go home, " she responded.

"Oh no...it's already that late!?" you shrieked. Sakura seemed a little surprised with your outbursts but nodded anyway. You immediately started packing up, adrenaline rushing through your body. "My mother is going to kill me! I have to get home quickly!" you groaned sadly.

"Y/N, don't rush. You might trip and get hurt, " Sakura said as you whizzed past her. "I might not have a choice! I-I'll see you tomorrow, Sakura-chan!" you called before bolting out of the clubroom. You ran out of the school and along the garden path. You felt a gush a wind.

You could've sworn you've felt something like this before. "L/N-chan~? Why are you leaving the clubroom so soon?" you heard the whining voice of Tsukasa. "I'm sorry, Tsukasa. I have to get hoem to my mother!" you called, not really knowing where he was. You heard him hum.

"I'm sorry! I promise that I'll come around tomorrow at lunch time!" you said, and ran out of the school gates. Tsukasa was quiet, and you didn't quiet know what he was thinking. But there was no time to think about that, you had to get home quickly before your mother gets angry-

"AHH!"

You felt yourself  getting picked up. The person lifted you up and postioned you onto their back. "What-What are you doing, Tsukasa!?" you screamed, gripping onto his shouders. Tsukasa looked back at your terrified face and chuckled. He floated a little forward before stopping.

"So, which direction is your house, L/N-chan?" he asked. You were silent as you stared at him in confusion. "You're...gonna take me home? Why?" you asked. "Isn't that what friends do? They walk home together to keep each other safe!" Tsukasa wondered aloud to you.

"This is a little different since you're floating!"

Tsukasa looked back at you and smiled warmly. "Just tell me! I'll get you home safely, " he said. You gripped onto his shoulders tightly and told him the way to your house. A faint red blush crept onto your face from embarrassment. Tsukasa immediately flew to your house.

"I-I didn't know you could go so fast!" you shrieked, trying your best not to fall off his back. "Well, there isn't any reason to fly so fast in the school, right?" Tsukasa said. You held onto him tightly and gathered enough courage  to look up from his back and around you.

"Tsukasa, are you...a School Wonder?" you suddenly asked him. "Hmm? Oh, no! I'm just a spirit who chose to wander the Earth!...after getting killed my brother, " your eyes widened at the last part. "Tsukasa..." you mumbled, but he didn't pay any mind your words and kept flying.

"Oh-there's my house!" you tapped Tsukasa's back lightly. He immediately stopped and hovered above the ground so you could jump off. "Thank you, Tsukasa. You didn't have to though..." you turned to the ghost boy. He shook his head, a wide smile never leaving his face for a second.

"This is what friends do! You're my friend, aren't you, L/N-chan?" Tsukasa said. You smiled softly at the childish boy and nodded. "Yes, Tsukasa. I suppose we are friends, " you replied. Tsukasa's amber eyes glowed, and he immdiately wrapped his arms around you, causing you to squeak.

"Then you're gonna come play with me every day?" he asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes. You chuckled and nodded at him. Tsukasa threw his arms up into the air and cheered. He floated away back to the school after that. You stared as he left, a small smile playing on your lips.

"Y/N!? Get in here, I've been waiting for you!" you suddenly heard your mother's stern voice. Your blood ran cold when you heard how angry she sounded. You walked in, hunched over. "Sit on the couch. We have a lot to talk about, " she ordered, and you prepared for a long lecture.

.

.

.

.

.

"That is all I'm going to say! If this club keeps you out this late again, I'm pulling you out of it. You need to study and get good grades. It's all you have to do! Now, go to your room. Do your homework after dinner, " your mother finished, pointing the stairs with a deep sigh.

You got up, restraining your urge to let out a relieved breath, and walked to your room. Everything was about your grades, never about your safety. You let out a breath and began stripping off your clothes. Well, there was nothing else you could do except shower.

Your thoughts wandered back to the ghost boy, whom you had been so intimidated by. He had taken you home, and claimed he was your friend. You smiled a little when you remembered how excited Tsukasa was. But then, your eyes widened as something else was recalled.

"I'm just a spirit who chose to wander the Earth!...after getting killed by my brother"

You knew you had seen someone who looked like him. Hanako...yeah, that was his name! Hanako looked exactly like Tsukasa...could he be his twin? Maybe, you weren't sure if he was just someone else. You closed your eyes and let the water run down your back, thinking hard.

But Hanako seemed like a kind person. He liked causing mischief, and teasing Yashiro, but you could tell he was sweet person. That's why you couldn't belive he would kill his brother. Well, even if Tsukasa was Hanako's brother. You cupped your head in your hands.

Ahh, there was no point in thinking about it! You couldn't do anything about whatever happened in the past! It's not like you didn't care...you knew you couldn't do a thing. Well, you still had exams and stuff to prepare for. Before anything else, you should have dinner.