Chapter 23

"L/N-chan!?" Tsukasa said, leaning into the empty classroom, looking everywhere. He had been trying to find you for the past 15 minutes, but to no avail. So you were a ghost, just as he suspected. You believed you were alive, so people believed too. Just as he had thought.

But all he wanted was to find you. The person he had grown to care about so much, that he couldn't even believe it himself. He questioned why you meant this much to him, why he had grown attached to you, and never wanted to let you go. He wanted to stay with you.

He stopped and hovered above one spot. He began thinking to himself; why were you this important? He had never thought about a friend like this. Why did it matter where you were, how you were, and who was doing what to you? He never cared for other people like that before.

It's because..you accepted him. You didn't treat him like an outcast. You didn't see him as an intimidating spirit that could possibly kill you. You saw him as your friend, someone you cared about and wanted to be around. In turn, he began to yearn for your company more.

More and more, everyday. He wanted to be with you, be the one to make you smile, and play with you. This wasn't..friendship anymore. This was what he presumed was love. But he knew what love was! He had experienced it, he had said he loved Sakura and wanted to marry her.

...No. He didn't know what love was. He had taken it lightly, singing about it when he didn't even know how it felt like. He had never experienced it, this was his first true love. You were the first person he has ever actually fallen in love with. This feeling...it was so foriegn and new.

It..scared him. He didn't believe it. He was nervous about the feeling he felt. This intense love and desire he felt for you..it was nothing like what he thought love actually was. Love was so warm, and sweet, and pure. It made him feel like a finished puzzle, or a solved riddle.

Complete. Warm. Alive. But now wasn't the time to reflect on his feelings. He needed to find you, and hold you in his arms. No matter what happens, no matter what he has to do, he will find you and make you feel safe. He promised himself that he would keep you him..forever and ever.

"L/N-chaaaaan!" Tsukasa called out, trying his best to scan every room carefully. He was close to giving up, but he didn't want to for your sake. "L/N-chan, please! I promise, I'm not going to do anything to you! I just want to make you feel safe! I want to protect you!" he said loudly.

Meanwhile, you were huddled up in the corner of a classroom, trying to quieten your sobs. You had heard Tsukasa calling for you for some time, but you were panicking, and you didn't want to face him this way. So you just tucked yourself away and tried to close your eyes.

"I'm sorry if you feel helpless! I'm sorry that I couldn't make you feel worthy! But in truth, you're the most precious person I know! L/N-chan..you don't know how much I love you, and how much I cherish you!" you heard Tsukasa again, and your eyes widened at his words.

Love. . .you. . .?

"I know you're shocked and scared of yourself. It's hard to believe that you're a ghost. But please, just let me help you. I want to help the person I care about so much that I would die a second time for them!" Tsukasa shouted, making your heart beat faster and faster.

Cared. . .about you?

"So please show yourself, I want to make you feel worth it!" you slowly got up from your hiding spot. "I want to be with you, and help you accept yourself!" you walked towards the door, tears streaking your cheeks. "So please, just come out!" you opened the door and walked out.

I. . .I see now. This is my faith. My destiny, huh?

"L/N-chan.." Tsukasa turned and his amber eyes widened when they landed on your weak figure. "T-Tsu-chan..did you mean what you said?" you spoke softly, looking up at him with crystalized eyes. He floated over to you, and wrapped you into a tight hug.

"Of course I did. I mean it when I say I love you. I love you so much to the point where I wouldn't mind spending time with you for eternity, " Tsukasa whispered into your ear, making your lips curve into a small smile. A soft pink blush settled onto your cheeks and tears dropped.

"Tsu-chan...I love you too. I really do love you too.." you told him. You knew it know, how you felt about the ghostly boy. You loved him. He was an important person to you, and you cared about him. You thanked him for being with you. He retracted himself and stared at you.

"Look, I know you being a ghost is very sudden. But I promise that I'll help you through it. I'm going to protect you no matter what!" Tsukasa told you, squeezing your shoulders. You smiled at how eager he was. "Thank you..Tsu-chan.." you thanked him, your eyes shining.

He gazed at you, a certain gentleness in his eyes. Slowly, his face got closer to yours, and you knew exactly what came next. You closed your eyes and moved your face closer to him in turn. Both of you prepared yourselves to share a tender kiss, sealing your love for each other.

But just as your lips were about to meet,

The classroom door swung open, and you heard panting. Your eyes widened when you saw the person who entered the room. "Hey! We have some unsettled business!" Yui shouted, pulling out her long pair of scissors, an evil, insane grin plastered on her pale face.