Chapter 10

"Tsuchigomori-sensei?"

Your white-haired friend nodded, a kind smile on her face. "He's one of the older spirits, so I'm sure he'll have some sort of explanation for why you can see apparitions when you're not one yourself!" Yashiro explained. You put your finger under your chin, humming in thought.

"Well, alright. I want to know why I can see ghosts just as much as anyone else. Is Hanako-kun coming along?" you asked, smiling back. "Mhm! Oh, I don't think you've met one of my friends. Would you like to meet him before we go?" Yashiro said, pointing to the girls' bathroom.

"Him? Then why is he in the girls' bathroom?" you asked, tilting your head. "Well, he's a super powerful exorcist who works with me and Hanako-kun...well, works a little with Hanako-kun..." Yashiro sweatdropped at the last part. You blinked twice, a little bit confused at your friend.

"Just come with me, Y/N-chan!" Yashiro gripped your hand and pulled you along to the bathroom to call Hanako-kun and her friend. "Hanako- WOAH, WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING!?" Yashiro exclaimed, backing away from the bathroom. You peeked over her shoulder.

Hanako was fighting with a boy with orange hair and deep blue eyes. He had a sort of...traffic safety earing and he looked extremely angry. "You flush-bucket! What did you say about my brother again!?" the boy shouted, aiming what looked like a spear at Hanako menacingly.

"Ack-! Nothing, I said nothing-AH!" Hanako was laughing as he fought, trying to fend the boy off him. "Hey, what are you guys doing?" you asked, slipping into the bathroom. The boy turned to you and then looked at Hanako in confusion. "Guys? Wait, you can see this ghost?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's a long story, " you replied. The boy got off Hanako and walked over to you. He began turning you around and looking at you closely. "You people need to stop doing this! I'm not a ghost, I'm a human who can see them, " you said, pushing the boy away in a huff.

"Sorry! Um...what's your name?" he asked, his blue eyes wide with curiosity. "Y/N L/N. What about you?" you replied, calming down a bit. The boy gave you a wide smile, a proud blush appearing on his cheek. He pointed at himself and cleared his throat before speaking.

"I'm Kou Minamoto! Part of a family of exorcists!" he exclaimed. You smiled a little at Kou, he was adorable to you. "It's nice to meet you, Y/N-senpai!" Kou said, smiling at you innocently. "It's nice to meet you too, Kou-kun, " you replied, taking his hand and shaking it. 

"Hanako-kun, why do you and Kou-kun always fight?" Yashiro sighed, walking to Hanako and checking his face out. Hanako was a little bit surprised, and a slight red blush appeared on his cheek as the white-haired girl checked for bruises. You looked at them both, a smile of your face.

"Nene-chan, about that apparition you wanted me to meet. What's his name...oh, Tsuchigomori-sensei, " you decided to remind Yashiro. Her face lit up with realization. "Ah, yes! Hanako-kun, Kou-kun, we're going to visit Tsuchigomori-sensei, so let's go, " she turned to Hanako.

"Ehh, why are we meeting him all of a sudden?" Hanako said playfully. "We're going to find out why Y/N-chan can see spirits! Tsuchigomori-sensei is an old apparition, so I'm sure he'll know what to do!" Yashiro said optimistically, taking your hand and dragging you out of the bathroom.

.

.

.

.

.

"I have no idea"         "EHH!?"

Yashiro stood there, a shocked look on her face. "What-What do you mean!? Tsuchigomori-sensei, come on, you have to know!" she pleaded, holding your hand tightly. You looked at the spider-like teacher who sat a desk. "Sorry, kid, but I really don't know, " he said again.

"The only thing that could be is that, the kid over there, " he pointed at you, "is a spirit, yet they don't know it yet, " your eyes were wide with surprise, and you were a bit shaken. "M..Me? A spirit? No, that would be silly! Everyone here can see me!" you tried to protest.

"I don't know...that's the only answer I can give, " Tsuchigomori said, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes. You looked down in thought. No, that couldn't be it. People could see you, and you didn't have any magical powers. Plus, you couldn't float, like Hanako and Tsukasa.

"Oh? Who's this kid? Dragging another one with you, I see?" a high-pitched voice caught your attention and you spun around, only to see nobody there. You looked around the room in confusion, and the voice spoke. "Down here, you idiot!" your eyes trailed down to the floor.

There was...a fox. It had colourful orbs around it like Hanako anf Tsukasa. "Oh, umm, hello there?" you said, not really knowing what to say to this creature. "Gosh, don't sound so confused! I'm a ghost, just like the rest of them...wait, you can see us!?" it said.

"Y/N-chan here is a peculiar human who can see ghosts!" Yashiro grabbed your hands, making you look towards her bright smiling face. "Ahh, I see. You sure they're not just another spirit?" the voice suddenly sounded a lot more mature, and you looked at the ghost again.

This time you saw a beautiful woman in a kimono, twirling her blonde locks with her finger. "Wait, what...are you one of those ghosts who have a second form? Like vampires?" you asked, looking up at the woman in curiosity. "Yeah, and what's it to you, little one?" she asked.

You couldn't help but smile at her coldness. "Why the hell are you smiling like that? Ugh, humans are such weird creatures. The only tolerable one is Misaki, I swear, " the woman said, rolling her piercing eyes. "Misaki?" you asked, but Yashiro shook her head in warning.

"By the way, my name's Yakko. Nice to meet you..." the woman said. "Y/N L/N, " you introduced yourself for a second time. Yakko nodded and walked away, saying she had some business to attend to. "Nene-chan, is Yakko a Wonder of this school?" you asked your friend.

"Mhm! It's a long story, so don't worry about it!"