bonus chapter: 𝘱𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘺

Alek is gonna kill me

That thought echoes in my head as I lead the small puppy into the house. 

I was tending to my garden like I always do in the morning and I heard a tiny little whine of pain. Of course, I had to find out what it was. 

The small puppy was stuck with its collar around a bush, somehow with a hurt foot. It was so tiny and so cute. I couldn't not take it home. 

It was sweet too!

I couldn't carry it or I would just end up hurting myself, so I tried my best to guide him to the house, successfully doing so in the end. 

"It's alright, little cutie," I softly say to the frightened animal, petting its head. 

After giving him a million kisses all over his head, I lead him to the living room, carefully lifting him onto the couch and making sure he was comfortable before going to the kitchen to find something that he could eat. 

Apollo sat in one of the kitchen chairs, staring at me like she knew exactly what I had done. I crinkle my nose at her and she turns away, licking her paw, unbothered. 

I search through the fridge, eventually coming across some leftover chicken Alek had made the other day. I heat it up a little before bringing it back to the cutie. 

Placing the plate down on the couch beside his head, he instantly goes to devour the food. I smile at him and tell him how cute he is. 

My phone interrupts my one-sided conversation. 

I snag it out of pocket and smile more when I see the name of who's calling me. Alek <3 

"Hi, my love," his warm, deep voice sounds through the phone and into my ears. "What are you up to?"

"Hi, darling," I excitedly reply, a giddy grin stuck on my lips. Then my eyes land on the puppy. "Oh, um, n-nothing much."

"Hm," he hums in disbelief. 

"When are you gonna be home?" I question before he can say anything else. 

"In about 30 minutes," he replies. "Are you okay? Feeling alright?

My heart melted at his sweet tone and sweet words. "I'm feeling great. But I miss you," I inform. 

"I miss you too, baby. I'll be there soon, yeah?"

"Mhm. Then.. then you'll give me a bajillion kisses, right?" I ask in a quiet voice, my cheeks blushing for some reason. 

They need to stop that.

"Of course," he says. "Anything for my pretty girl."

I need to scream. I think my heart is going to explode, bro.