Quiet Greenie (Part 1) || Newt

I woke up with a start. Where was I? I looked around. I was in some sort of metal cage. I was traveling upwards and crates of supplies and animals lay around me. How did I get here? Wait a minute... who was I??!! Panic racked through my body. Tears plumetted down my face. I don't know how long this happened but I was suddenly broken out of my trance with a call of "It's a shucking girl!"

I looked up to see that I was completely surrounded by teenage boys. 

"Is she hot??!"

"Yeah, dude!! She's totally hot!"

"She's gorgeous!"

"She's small too!! But nicely curvy!"

"I call dibs!"

"No way man!" 

The boys continued to make these comments and worse. I let tears stream down my face and I sobbed loudly. I didn't care about them hearing me. I then even stop crying when I heard a voice yell, "Slim it!"

Newt's POV

"Slim it!" I yelled to the boys. They stopped talking. I moved to the entrance of the box and jumped in. Everyone grew quiet as they watched my every move. I got a good look at the girl and a gasped escaped me. I had never seen a girl before but I was sure this one was the most gorgeous girl ever. Her shining auburn hair flowed down her back. Her tiny, pale arms were wrapped around her. She sat in the corner with her knees drawn to her chest. Her eyes looked up at me! Great Greviers! Her eyes were gorgeous! The brown orbs looked up at me with so much innocence and fear that it broke my heart. 

A painful sob escaped her lips and and her body began to shake. 

"Shh," I soothed quietly. "It's okay. We're not going to hurt you."

She just whimpered in response. I took a small step closer and she let out a distressed yelp. I stopped moving but I was sure she could hear my heart beating. 

"I'm not going to take another step unless you want me too."

We stayed like that for minutes. Luckily, the slintheads had enough since to keep quiet. The girl slowly nodded her head. I slowly took a small step forwards. Then another, and another, until I was standing in front of her. The girl shook a little. 

"I just want to help, love," I whispered. My cheeks heated up a little realizing that I had called her love. She looked up at me with helpless eyes. Bit by bit, I dropped to my knees in front of her. I lifted my hand and she flenched and whimpered. I gently placed my hand on her knee and she looked up at me. 

"I'm Newt. I know that this is very scary but it's okay. Every one of us has come up in the box like you, without any memories. Your name will come back to you in a few days. Do you follow?"

She nodded, her pink lips slightly opened. 

"Now, we have to get out of this box, alright?"

Again she nodded. 

"May I... may I pick you up?"

She bit her lip for a second knawing on my question. She then looked up at me and smiled gently. I smiled reassuringly and slowly wrapped my arms around her. She hid her head into my chest and wrapped her arms around my neck like a small child. I stood and walked to the edge of the box. Several boys rushed over to help her. She clung tightly to me. I sent the boys a death glare. I then noticed Gally standing a bit apart from the boys and I signaled him over. Sure, Gally had an anger but I knew the truth was he would never hurt someone especially this scared girl. 

"Now, I'm going to hand you to Gally," I whispered into her ear. He may look intimidating but he would never hurt you, okay?" Gally bent down to take the girl. I handed her to him and the greenie reluctently let go but she didn't cling to him like she did with me. I pushed the thought out of my head and climbed out. I placed my callused hand on the girl's back. She turned to look at me. Gally softly put her down and she stood on the grass.

A chorus of wolf whistles was let out as well as comments that I can only describe as hormonal. The girl grabbed some of my shirt material into her hands and buried her head in my chest. I blushed a deep shade of red and wrapped my arms around her.

"Enough!" Alby yelled. "Keeper meeting now! Newt, bring the girl!"

To be continued...