Sunrise || Thomas

"Y/n! Y/n, wake up!"

You slowly stirred awake to see Chuck shaking you. 

"Uhh, Chuck, what time is it?" you mumbled.

Ignoring your question, Chuck grabbed your hand and lead you to the watch tower. 

"Chuck, wait. What's going on?" you asked still half awake. 

Chuck pushed you to the foot of the ladder, "Go on." With that, Chuck walked away. 

You looked up the ladder skeptically. You wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be one of Chuck's jokes. You slowly climbed the ladder to the top. When you got to the highest platform you saw Thomas sitting on the edge. "Thomas, what are you doing?"

He patted the space beside him. You sat down and looked at Thomas. He pointed ahead and you turned to see the most amazing sunrise. 

"Wow," you whispered. 

"Amazing, huh. I come up here every morning to see it," he said. 

You laughed, "You're kidding, right? A teenage boy watching the sunrise every morning."

Thomas smiled shyly, "It's just beautiful is all."

You thought for a second biting your lip, "Dawn may not bring much help. And yet it is ever the hope of men." (That quote is by J.R.R. Tolkein).

Thomas looked at you, "Where did that come from?"

"I don't know," you shrugged. "I just sort of remembered it." 

You turned to Thomas after watching the sunrise in silence for a few minutes. "Thank you for showing me the sunrise, Thomas." You got up to leave. 

"Y/n! Wait!" Thomas shouted. You turned around only to have lips collide against yours. You froze before quickly pulling away. 

"Wha-what?" you stumbled. 

"Oh, man!" Thomas groaned rubbing his neck. "Y/n, I'm sorry. I just-"

"Save it!" you growled. 

----

You furiously dug your shovel into the ground over and over. 

"Uh, Y/n? Are you alright?" Newt questioned. 

"Fine," you grunted pulling up a weed. 

"Okay, what's going on? You've been angry all day."

You grumbled, "Thomas. I mean, who does he think he is?"

Newt leaned up against his shovel, "Have you been spending to much time with Gally, shank?"

"Whatever," you muttered. 

---- 

Weeks passed and you and Thomas never talked. Newt tried to get you to talk about it but you always blew him off. To be honest, you didn't know why you were so upset. After all it was just a kiss. Still, it bothered you a lot. After weeks of moping around you decided to confront Thomas. You climbed up the watch tower once again to see him sitting there... crying?

"Thomas?" you whispered. 

He turned to you and got up slowly. You walked towards him hesitantly. It was like you weren't even thinking about it. You stopped in front of each other; your faces inches apart. You both slowly leaned forwards to have your lips connect. The kiss slowly got more and more passionate. You both pulled away breathless before colliding your lips again.

Sequel?