Chapter 3

"We missed him

"We missed him." 

We did. And it is such a big fucking mistake. It's like I just keep missing something or not doing something right even though I look through everything. Why is it that whatever mistake I have made in the past few weeks, it leads to him?

Sasha's eyes widen as Riko sighs while running a hand through his hair frustratedly. 

With a sigh, I drop down on the couch in my room and reflect over what went wrong. I was there until the very last person was there. I looked in every corner and place that was there in the hall, and since it was Sasha's family-hosted event, I had the blueprint of the venue knowing exactly where everything was. Why couldn't I find him?

How hard is it to find a man that has long black hair and black eyes? 

I had his name; I could have asked Alessio but he was just as a big threat than his brother is. I can't risk being killed right before I could even find Arius. 

Everything was risky which is why me and Riko just kept walking around the hall. There were so many people, way too many. And I kept an eye on the door, the door where that man has gone through.

But till this day, from that day till today, I haven't forgotten how that dark gaze made me feel the moment his eyes connected with mine. I keep thinking about them, kept seeing them everywhere.

They were completely consumed with danger. 

And I hate to admit that I love the dangerous side of everything. I love the thrill, I love the excitement, I love feeling on top of the world. Maybe that's why they haven't left my mind.

I feel like the world is at my fingertips when danger lurks behind me giving that pump to my life. Giving me some reason to solve the mystery of the danger knowing well I am always two steps ahead of everything.

"How did that happen? We were all so confident, everything was right and yet still," she looks around my bedroom as if the answer could appear in front of her.  

She's right. We had everything but this was the first failure I have faced.

And I won't say I feel sad because I do but it just gives me more of a reason to find him. 

I need to find him no matter the circumstances. 

No matter what position I am in what could happen within the next few days.

She and Riko are sitting on my queen-sized bed that is lined against the right wall with two bedside tables. In front of the bed there is a smaller seat that has storage inside it, more specifically my guns and a three seat black sofa against the left wall. On the left of the sofa there is my long closet that reaches the very end of the wall, that being a beige colour. The headboard of my bed is black with red floral designs. There are also accents of gold and red all around the room. Like the tall lamp near the black sofa that is gold, the seat in front of the bed a blood red colour, the knobs of cupboards gold.